Erin's Reviews > The Fall

The Fall by Guillermo del Toro

Oct 14, 2010

Recommended to Erin by: JP Tyler
Recommended for: vampire enthusiasts, horror fans, and folks who enjoy a good suspense story

I felt like the beginning of this book was a little predictable and a bit scattered. It felt like the main characters were just running around aimlessly in a panic. But goals where set in the middle of the book, and by the end things became suspenseful and dire.

Readers absolutely must read "The Strain" first, however. I read "The Strain" several months ago and it still took me about 25 pages to reorient myslef with the characters and what had occurred previously.

More than just a scary story, "The Fall" forces readers to face some big questions. With far more than the vampiric, parasitic virus to contend with, the characters in "The Fall" must choose to fight and live at every turn. At what point does it become the better option to simply succumb to defeat?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fall.

October 14, 2010 – Shelved
October 26, 2010 – Started Reading
October 26, 2010 –
page 12
3.9% "This book begins a week from the beginning of The Strain. Its not going well for the un-infected."
October 27, 2010 –
page 30
9.74% "The Master gains strength . . ."
November 1, 2010 –
page 89
28.9% "The plot thickens. Can the other 6 elders rein in the Master? What is the Master's end game? And can four perfectly ordinary individuals (and one child) gain victory over the ageless, or at the least, survive."
November 1, 2010 –
page 105
34.09% "It's not looking good for Fet . . ."
November 2, 2010 –
page 130
42.21% "Can Nora and Zack survive in an abandoned girl's camp out in the middle of the lake? Why do I have my doubts?"
November 3, 2010 –
page 189
61.36% "Apocalypse appears unstoppable and the small band of heros has been broken apart."
November 3, 2010 – Finished Reading
November 4, 2010 –
page 320
100% "I don't want to spoil the end for everyone, but I will say that global apocalypse is ocurring at the end of this book. I read the last 100 pages straight through last night, eschewing TV, and now I have to wait for Del Toro and Hogan to finish the third in the trilogy. I hope it's not a long wait."