Tessi4M's Reviews > For Real

For Real by Alexis  Hall

liked it

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read For Real.

April 22, 2015 – Shelved
April 22, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
October 26, 2015 – Started Reading
October 27, 2015 –
5.0% "He's not a gym bunny, but that always looks kind of pretend to me anyway, and I want to be like, stop trying so hard. Eat a muffin.\n \n Not sure yet if Toby's rambling is funny or annoying. Exhausting for sure."
October 27, 2015 –
12.0% "Then I find a kind of metal badminton racket that opens and closes, and I guess it's either for kinky shit beyond my wildest dreams or making toast, so I stick it on the boiling plate to heat."
October 27, 2015 –
19.0% ""Eyes down, boy."\n I obeyed without a thought, because it cost me nothing. Technically, I was kneeling to him too, but that didn't matter either. Neither of us were here.\n \n Oh, Laurie - so empty inside *hugs*"
October 28, 2015 –
31.0% "Probably a good thing she's dead. I'm kidding. Well, she is dead. But I was quite young at the time so it wasn't a big deal. I mean, for me. It probably was for her."
October 28, 2015 –
32.0% "The truth is, my granddad's a pretty biased man. He thinks I'm this astonishing, talented, wonderful person, in spite of all available evidence to the contrary. But that's sort of what love is, I guess. A perpetual state of semideranged partiality."
October 28, 2015 –
38.0% "I'm really glad I don't have to faff with a condom. It's one more thing to go wrong. I tried to put one on backwards once. It rolled about halfway, so I thought it was fine, and then it went all weird and started squeezing my dick off like a latex bear trap. And I didn't know what to do, because once you've put a condom on wrong, it's hard to keep selling the idea that sex with you is going to be fab."
October 29, 2015 –
41.0% ""He's not a kid," I answered without thinking.\n "He's...who he is."\n "And it's not weird?"\n "Not when I'm with him." I stared at my hands, which were shaking a little, so I knotted them carefully together. "I want to give him everything, and the things I can't give, I want him to take.""
October 29, 2015 –
48.0% ""The truth is, somebody could be perfect for me in every way, but if he didn't want me on my knees occasionally, then I couldn't be happy with him.""
October 30, 2015 –
87.0% "He's trying to be kind and understanding and all this crap, but basically what he's seeing right now is a lost and confused teenager who needs his help and guidance.\n And, yeah, okay, I'm lost and confused, but I'm his boyfriend, not his project.\n \n Right. And boyfriends are so not allowed to give and accept help and guidance from each other?!"
October 30, 2015 – Finished Reading