Anzu The Great Destroyer's Reviews > Dream Chaser

Dream Chaser by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Oct 14, 2010

it was ok
bookshelves: fanged-and-deadly, evil-horned-ones, whiny-bitches, reviewed-2011, cheesetacular, romance-paranormal
Recommended for: PNR fans

Why did I get the impression that Simone was playing a bit of Ghost Whisperer in this book? All the talking to ghosts and helping them cross over was way too similar to this show. Anyways, moving on… This was a decent book, nothing spectacular happening in it. Badass hero meets heroine, he’s an asshole to her but eventually he gets soft and they end up together. Love conquers and all that crap. Ok. I don’t mind this if the characters and story itself are interesting. This was mediocre.

Now, I will like to add some comments. First of all where can I buy a few pairs of those bracelets? I have some people who aren’t on my bright side right now. Second, I really liked Julian in this book, all mature and helping them. The author should focus more on the Hunters, make them similar to BDB. Third, hot guys in goth clothes are my new weakness (irrelevant, but I had to let it out). Fourth, Jesse was cute, I wouldn’t mind having a pet ghost scaring my neighbors and doing my chores. Aaaand fifth, I really liked Jaden. He’s one tough SOB so I hope there’s a book about him out there.

To end this little review or whatever this is, I will add the following quote:

“Tate cursed. "So then how do we track and kill this thing?"
Xypher's expression was one of pure evil. "You don't. It tracks and kills you."

In Soviet Russia bike rides you! - I’m sorry but i couldn’t help myself :p

Read the review on ZombieHazard.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dream Chaser.

October 14, 2010 – Shelved
January 11, 2012 – Shelved as: whiny-bitches
May 5, 2012 – Shelved as: reviewed-2011
May 16, 2012 – Shelved as: cheesetacular
August 7, 2012 – Shelved as: romance-paranormal

Aly is so frigging bored I liked this one. A lot!

Kat is in it(I think that's why I loved it :)) ) :D

Anzu The Great Destroyer I actually liked Xypher in the previous one so I wanna read more ab him :p I didn't read anything yet, I'll start tonight :D If you say Kat is in it, it should be even better :p

Aly is so frigging bored She isn't in it much... Just some scenes...

Anzu The Great Destroyer Uhuuuh I figured... still she's the coolest heroine so far.
Hope this girl, whatever her name is, is nice...
Simone, yeah :p
I want a nice girl in this book :))

harlequin {Stephanie} Why did I get the impression that Simone was playing a bit of Ghost Whisperer in this book?

That was my first thought too. I was kinda mad since the character bordered on plagiarism. In the tv series Medium we have an Allison Dubois who is what? A psychic who sees and talks to ghosts. When they introduced the demon aspect I got a less irritated about it.

LOVED JADEN!

Aly is so frigging bored Oooooh, Jaden is great! I can't wait to learn more about him :D

harlequin {Stephanie} You can cheat if you go to kenyon's site and read about him. I have not since I want to be surprised. She has the best website!

I'm reading chronologically. Finished dream warrior and his character is still vague. We do learn more about who holds his leash.

Aly is so frigging bored I know :D I read them all :D I have to read Nick's books but they're YA, and me and YA don't mix good... And Jaden will have more appearances and he's very intriguing.

harlequin {Stephanie} I am really envious. I have been blowing through the audios like wildfire and after the truly awful narration from dream warrior that made me want blow my ear drums I have given myself a day off. Plus, I read mixed reviews about sundown's book and now I am afraid his character will get fraked up on me.

And Jaden will have more appearances and he's very intriguing.
I think you have re-inspired me!

YA, and me and YA don't mix good...
I KNOW! Some I can't even believe they would dare to actually publish. Every time I pick up a new ya book I'm afraid it's gonna grow fangs and drain the creativity right outta me.

Aly is so frigging bored LOL =))))))) That YA comment was epic :D

I am a huge DH fan and I've re-read the books, till Stryker's I think, several time :D aka 5 or 6 :P

Retribution wasn't that good but the last one really had everything that I love of SK's style. You really should read her other series.

harlequin {Stephanie} I have her lords of avalon on my ereader and for some moronic reason I pick some other book that has me weeping with regret. And you would think I'd stop right... yeah that's what keep trying to tell myself.

I have her belador series & the league series in audio. I have to finish my remaining DH books & lords of the underworld before I distract myself any further. I can't be trusted to stay focused. I get easily distracted by shiny things.

Aly is so frigging bored :D Cool. I haven't read the belador one since it's with that chick Diana or whatever and I don't like her style. Her historicals are also great :)

I haven't picked up disasters fore some time so I was lucky :D hope you have more luck.

Ashley She didn't help anyone cross over ..... She could talk to the ghosts and tried to find Gloria's body but nothing ever happened to Gloria "moving" on. Doesn't relate to ghost whisperer in my opinion