Ashley (Bookaholics Anonymous)'s Reviews > Once a Witch

Once a Witch by Carolyn MacCullough

Oct 13, 2010

bookshelves: book-i-own-read, witches

Now it's time to read the first book since I've already read the second one. :)

I have the hardback and paperback. Since they are different looking. :)

I loved this book just as much as I loved the second one even though I knew what was gonna happen. (that was a my bad for reading it out of order) I adore the characters in this book. Tamsin (The MC), Gabriel (Tams childhood friend), Agatha (Tam BFF), and just all the characters. The book had quite a few witty, funny remarks. I love how all the characters each had their own Talent, but poor Tamsin was an odd-ball out, or was she?

The story mainly consist of Tamsin trying to help a Professor find a missing heirloom (so he claims). The only problem is she lied to him. She wasn't the person whom he wanted the help from it was Tamsin's sister, Rowena. Not knowing what Rowena looked like he assumed that Tamsin was her. Tamsin wanting to prove to her Talented Family that she could do something was on a mission to find this artifact, and be someone. From there on the lies grew and with that so did problems.

I wouldn't say the end left a huge cliffhanger like some books do, but it does make you wonder what's in store for the future of this family, and others.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Once a Witch.

October 13, 2010 – Shelved