Abhi Yerra's Reviews > The Paradox of Choice: Why More Is Less

The Paradox of Choice by Barry Schwartz

With the amount of choices we have in the modern world I always felt that there was a balance point in between my Indian upbringing of fewer choices and my American upbringing of individualism. Certain choices I make give me happiness and other ones did not. Having the newest tech toy growing up was fun but as I got older I just wanted things that worked.

In a lot of ways I discovered the author's prescription for how to deal with the paradox of unlimited choices by my own trial and error. I know what I like to give opinion on and I know what I don't want to put a lot of time on. Especially, now running a company the paradox on choice with limited time can really affect what I need to spend working on and what I need to just let other people do. I still just let my parents buy my shirts, they like doing it and I care very little.

I believe it is a valuable read for anyone who is burdened by the amount of choices in the world and their want to limit it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Paradox of Choice.

April 22, 2015 – Shelved