Gina Wilkins's Reviews > Fortune

Fortune by Aurelia T. Evans

19705046

bookshelves: to-read, needs-review, totally-bound-pub, erotica-bdsm-dark

WELCOME!! To the Kinkiest show on earth!!!!!
5 FREAKY-KINKY-CIRCUS-STARS!!!!
How lucky was I to get this book that has SO many of my favorite things to read about. Then, add a renaissance festival/ Circus as the setting and I was hooked. This book has one seriously HOT Jinni named Bell Madoc, Golems, an array of freaks for an Oddity show, an Incubus and Succubus, and many other odd characters.
I’ve always loved a great Ren fest and the Circus but never would have thought to put all that together and add some kink to it to get a seriously good read.
This is the first book in a new series and I’m so ready for the next one. All the characters were awesome. There’s a ton of chemistry between the oddest characters and the relationships are great. I loved Maya a lot, and I absolutely loved Bell the Jinni. He has a knack for getting a person to make a wish, then fulfilling that wish as he sees fit. In Maya’s case, she ended up an involuntary member of this circus and oddity show, but experiencing the most pleasure she’s ever experienced in her life. I loved not knowing what would happen next. Bell can see things and has a tendency to let things play out…he sees the end result but you don’t know what exactly will take place to get that result. He has Maya in situations (and positions) she never thought she’d be in.
I loved the old timey freak show and circus feel of this book, it was similar to what you might have heard or read about back in the early 1900’s. This book has everything, funny dialogue, and real connections to characters, kink and an amazing sordid circus setting. I highly recommend it!!

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fortune.

April 21, 2015 – Shelved