Tommy's Reviews > Roses are Red

Roses are Red by James Patterson

Oct 13, 2010

bookshelves: currently-reading

Roses are Red by James Patterson is simply a very good book. This book is written in an interesting way, incorporating repetition and suspense in a positive way. It was a quick read, mostly because the chapters were each about three pages long, and there wasn’t any difficulty comprehending or trying to understand the plot, although you still had to think because there is a detective theme. The main character, Alex Cross, is a detective in Washington D.C. who is on the hunt for the Mastermind behind the banks robbed in the area. What really stuck out in the book was the ending. It was totally unexpected and caught me off guard.
Another main theme in Roses are Red is love, family and parenthood. Alex has to go through events in his life that are emotional and warming. He looses his girlfriend that he loved dearly, but also finds a new one in return. His daughter is in the hospital with a brain tumor and he has to balance work and family.
This book is full of action, romance, and mystery, so it appeals to mostly anyone looking for a fiction book. I couldn’t put the book down. The book is mostly directed towards adults who can relate to the theme of family and parenthood, but I still enjoyed these themes as much as I enjoyed the entire book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Roses are Red.