Jonathan Fields's Reviews > The Violet Hour

The Violet Hour by Andrea L. Wells

I usually read horror and action novels but my girlfriend got me interested as she's been reading this the past few days. This was my first YA fiction as I stayed away from the Twilight scandal, although I didn't mind the movies. I was surprised at how much I actually liked this book. I was expecting it to be an easy read and I did finish it in one afternoon, but mostly because I couldn't put it down once I started. I really, really liked the characters and the more I thought about it afterwards, I found myself flipping back to a few pages and rereading some sections. I was warned ahead of time that there were a few unexpected reveals in the book, but I thought it was pretty obvious because I knew there was a supernatural-something going on and I just figured it was about a girl that falls in love with a vampire/werewolf/monster/whatever.  Just when I had it figured out, about 20 pages later the story took another unexpected turn. It is a fun read and breath of fresh air after usually reading heavier novels. I’m glad it was my first young adult novel and I’m going to give the rest of the series a try since I already know I like the author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Violet Hour.

April 20, 2015 – Shelved