Anita's Reviews > Lonesome Beds and Bumpy Roads

Lonesome Beds and Bumpy Roads by Becca Ann

3202140
Apr 20, 2015

Typically Alexis and Ryan's story is the exact kind of romance novel where I would quote my mantra, "sometimes more of a good thing is too much," because so often with books that aren't something outside of fiction/romance (ie dystopian, fantasy, mystery, etc) we DO want to know what happens next, and then when an author delivers this on this desire the next book is just not as good or disappointing in some way (this has been my personal experience anyway.) With The Beds Series this has not been the case, in fact I think that I liked this book, Lonesome Beds & Bumpy Roads, the most out of all three because while Alexis and Ryan still have issues and things to work through they have grown so much as individuals. I felt that while things were hit and miss between the two of them through the whole book, they were communicating instead of shutting each other out. They weren't being very understanding of each other's feelings the entire time - but they did come to realize that eventually.

I actually started out this series with the prequel novella, True Love and Magic Tricks, so I am always happy for scenes with Kaylee and Nate as well; the four of them are a unit, and even though the series is over, in my mind I can envision their lives, marriages, and future kids (who will also be best friends,) - it's like the ultimate big bow. My favorite part of the Lex/Ryan relationship; the two of them are so sweet, funny and the biggest goofballs; the relationship between the two of them lack some of the extreme seriousness that is so popular lately, and was a breath of fresh air. I relished their tickles, and teasing; the relationship felt so genuine and happy - and honestly, I had the "big goofy grin" throughout most of this series. ( I LOVED the covers and all the teasers that reflected this part of them, they were simply the perfect representation).

Check out more of my reviews at www.iloves2read.blogspot.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lonesome Beds and Bumpy Roads.

Started Reading