Kathleen Valentine's Reviews > The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin

The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin by Benjamin Franklin

Apr 20, 2015

What can anyone say about a book written by Ben Franklin himself? I found this a quick, easy, and very enjoyable read and had to laugh in several places. It amused me that he devoted more lines to clearing snow off his sidewalks than he did to his experiments with electricity. And I had to laugh when he decided he better look for a wife because it was costing too much to keep "entertaining" ladies.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin.

Quotes Kathleen Liked

Benjamin Franklin
“My refusing to eat flesh occasioned an inconveniency, and I was frequently chid for my singularity. I made myself acquainted with Tryon's manner of preparing some of his dishes, such as boiling potatoes or rice, making hasty pudding, and a few others, and then proposed to my brother, that if he would give me, weekly, half the money he paid for my board, I would board myself. He instantly agreed to it, and I presently found that I could save half what he paid me. This was an additional fund for buying books.”
Benjamin Franklin, The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin