Mandy's Reviews > The Silent Wife

The Silent Wife by A.S.A. Harrison

liked it

I'm so sad with the outcome of this book. The ending wasn't a surprise as many I know have said, yes it was out of left field, but not completely. I really wanted to love this book, but I didn't. I hated Todd, the husband was selfish and a complete and utter idiot. Jodi, the wife was so affected by her surroundings and her daily routine that she didn't see what was happening before her with her marriage. The whole time I read this I kept thinking, "the grass is only greener on the other side because it's fertilized by bullshit". All the characters were dicks. I didn't care for any of them, and then the side shit with Jodi and her shrink was odd and then to find out at the end what her brother did... I have no clue what that had to do with the story. I really think I was generous with the 3 stars here because I don't think it was amazing and I built myself up to believe it was more than what it ended up being. I don't think I would recommend it and I don't think it was anything like Gone Girl, so I have no idea where that presumption even began.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Silent Wife.

April 20, 2015 – Shelved
April 20, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
October 11, 2015 – Started Reading
page 16
4.91% "I love A. S. A Harrison's writing, so beautiful. I feel like I need to be sitting in a flowered field with a glass of sweet wine reading this book."
page 27
8.28% "There is no way I could live with a husband like this! Omg he is a turd."
page 49
15.03% "Todd, you dog! Oh I hate men like him :-/"
page 59
18.1% "I feel for Jodi :/"
page 78
23.93% "Todd you idiot! You dog! You POS! You SOB! I hate you and you're only a character!!!!!! I hope Jodi cuts your nuts off and makes you eat them!!!!!"
page 100
30.67% "I hope she killed the mofo with his little girlfriend's pills, serves the bastard right. If I found out my husband knocked some chick that was half his age up I would cut his little buddy off and then throw it out the window as he watched from the front seat of my car."
page 111
34.05% "I hope she poisons his chicken noodle soup!"
page 124
38.04% "Ok so far not seeing a real big connection to Gone Girl.... Maybe by the end I will."
page 146
44.79% "I hate Todd. Oh my gosh how I hate him. My stomach is turning as I read the words. How could he just walk out on her?! Oh my gosh... It makes me sick. I hope Jodi has something for him and Natasha, the rude little tart that called Jodi and told her!"
October 13, 2015 –
page 152
46.63% "No no no Jodi! He is not forgiven. He needs to be castrated. At least do a paternity test to make sure the damn thing is his!"
October 13, 2015 –
page 171
52.45% "Dinner with Todd... Should be interesting to say the least... Arsenic poisoning? Crushed Xanax in his martini? Golf club to the temple? I, myself would prefer the cutting off of the pee pee while fully awake :)"
page 196
60.12% "Not sure how possible it is to hate a character so much, but Todd takes the cake in my case."
page 210
64.42% "The psychological sessions with Jodi and Gerald are getting boring :/"
page 223
68.4% "Natasha... Did you think your torrid affair would be a walk in the park? Home wrecker."
page 238
73.01% "Oh Alison I like you."
page 241
73.93% "Todd you bastard! Omg I hope you get hit by a bus!"
page 262
80.37% "These characters are so sad. Todd, the grass isn't always greener."
page 274
84.05% "Oh my gosh... Did that just happen? Starting part 3... Almost finished."
page 316
96.93% "Wtf is going on?!?!?!"
October 15, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)

message 1: by Jen (new)

Jen After all the excitement on your updates? Only a 3? What happened?

Mandy Jen wrote: "After all the excitement on your updates? Only a 3? What happened?"

Oh my gosh, Jen such a let down for me. It was like a huge climax and then a blunder at the end. BOOO! I so wanted to like this and I did at the beginning and then it sucked :(

message 3: by Jen (new)

Jen Boo!!! That really sucks

Mandy I know :( I felt so confused and upset at the end like why did I waste my time?????? It needed a completely different ending!

message 5: by Jen (new)

Jen Maybe you should rewrite it and send it to the author!

Jennifer Masterson I "like" your review but I can't read it yet. I will come back and discuss it with you when I finish Mandy. :). Can't wait!

message 7: by Tabetha (new)

Tabetha Hate when that happens...a huge letdown...hope your next book is better!

Mandy @jen I know! I read that the author passed away recently :(

Mandy @ Jennifer yes I can't wait to read your review from this and get your take on it!

Mandy Tabetha I'm hoping my next one doesn't let me down!! ;)

Jennifer Masterson Great review Mandy! The characters were awful!

Mandy Thanks Jen! Yea the characters were horrid!

message 13: by Deanna (new) - added it

Deanna Sorry about the letdown, Mandy :( Still loved your updates as you were reading :)

Carmen Great review.

Mandy Thanks guys! :) the ending was a bit eh.

Stacy I totally agree with you about Jodi's side story. I didn't know that the author died!

Mandy :)