Christi Snow's Reviews > Falling for His Best Friend

Falling for His Best Friend by Katee Robert

My Review:
My favorite trope right here...friends to lovers...and this book perfectly exemplifies why I love it so much.

Avery and Drew have been best friends since elementary school. They do everything together. They know everything about one another. They are there whatever and whenever to support one another. But Drew can't commit. He grew up with a neglectful, alcoholic father and he will never be the one to follow in his father's footsteps and hurt someone he loves. So he never lets himself get to that point with a girl. Ever.

Avery knows this about him and that's why they've never gone there. But she has her own familial skeletons...namely, cancer lurking in the DNA of her cells which could easily take away her ability to have kids and end her life. She's not willing to wait and risk either of those things. She plans to get pregnant and then have a hysterectomy. Now.

Drew can't deal with the idea of Avery having someone else's baby, although he's not really willing to look deep into the reasons for that, so he volunteers for the job. But he's not willing to do this in a way that will allow them some separation. No, if he's doing this, they will do it the old fashioned way.

Gah, I love books like this. That first sex scene between Drew and Avery is so incredibly hot. Neither one of them has ever allowed themselves to go there in their minds, so when it happens in real life, it's explosive...and life-altering. They have incredibly sexual chemistry that sizzles every single time they are on the page together. But beneath all that they have a friendship that is even stronger so it makes the entire set-up so perfect. Yes, they both have reasons for not wanting to go to that relationship place with the other, but there's no denying that that's where they belong. Everyone can see it but them.

It was a good book. It was a sexy book. It was a book that I couldn't put down once I started reading it. I highly recommend it.

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Falling for His Best Friend.

April 19, 2015 – Shelved