Sarah's Reviews > Falling for His Best Friend

Falling for His Best Friend by Katee Robert

bookshelves: books-i-own-kindle, netgalley, read-in-2015, for-review-read

Avery is facing a difficult decision, she always wanted children but certain factors are against her and unless she has a baby soon she knows she'll miss her chance completely. She had hoped to be in a settled relationship before she reached this point but after several years of being almost permanently single she knows she has to take matters into her own hands and decides to seek the help of a fertility clinic and an anonymous sperm donor. Drew is horrified when he hears about her plans, he worries that if Avery uses a donor then she won't have anyone there to help her when the baby comes along. He knows that he'll always offer her the support she needs but if he's going to end up helping raise another man's baby surely it makes much more sense if he's actually the father? What neither of them are expecting is the scorching hot attraction that builds between them. It was supposed to be simple - get Avery pregnant and then go back to being best friends - but now things are much more complicated. Can they find a way to move their relationship forward or are they going to lose each other forever.

I'm a sucker for friends to lovers stories so I've been looking forward to reading about Avery and Drew ever since they were introduced in In Bed with Mr. Wrong. We've seen them as best friends and fellow trouble makers but it was obvious that the connection between them went much deeper than that and I was really excited to see how they would be able to make things work.

Avery is great, she's independent, a bit of a tomboy and wants to live life on her own terms. She comes from a very strict family and knows that her grandparents won't approve of her plans but she is determined to do things her way. Drew has been her best friend for as long as she can remember, he was her rock when her mother died and has always been the one person she can turn to no matter what. She's always been attracted to him but their friendship is way to important for her to risk it on a fling with someone who has always been a bit of a player. Drew had to grow up early, he pretty much raised himself and his younger brother because their drunk dad wasn't able to care for them. Drew had to be the responsible one at home but Avery was always there to raise hell with him when he needed to let of steam and she means everything to him. He is absolutely terrified of turning into his father though and has always sworn that he would never get married or have children.

Both Avery and Drew have faced really difficult things in their lives but neither of them have ever let it hold them back. They are great together, they have so much in common and enjoy hanging out just playing games or watching movies. Add in the fantastic sex that they've just discovered and they're pretty much a perfect couple, IF they can both get past their fears long enough to give themselves a shot at something permanent. I loved spending time with these two, I also loved catching up with Bri and Ryan and my heart was broken finding out what Avery's sister Alexis has been through. I'm really hoping that Katee Robert is going to give Alexis a book of her own because if anyone deserves a HEA it's her! Once again this author has written a fantastic contemporary romance, her stories are always fun, light hearted and scorching hot and they never fail to hold my full attention. I can't wait to see what she comes up with next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Falling for His Best Friend.

April 19, 2015 – Shelved
April 19, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
April 19, 2015 – Shelved as: books-i-own-kindle
April 19, 2015 – Shelved as: netgalley
May 17, 2015 – Started Reading
May 18, 2015 –
99.0% "This was definitely my favourite book in the series so far. I really hope Avery's sister is getting a book too, I think she deserves a HEA"
May 18, 2015 – Shelved as: read-in-2015