Marta Cox's Reviews > Midnight Alias

Midnight Alias by Elle Kennedy

bookshelves: netgalley

Well the second instalment of the Killer Instincts series by Ms Kennedy sees the action moving to New York and a strip club no less! With the hunky Luke Dubois getting all kinds of hot and bothered as he watches Olivia Taylor do a bump and grind he will never forget. Luke and his fellow team members have a job to do though and finding the missing DEA agent is their first priority . So if getting close to the girlfriend of a Mob boss is the only way forward well it's a tough job but someone has to do it! Olvia is not at all what she pretends to be though and pretty soon the job gets very complicated indeed.
If you enjoy romantic suspense with unexpected turns then this series is a must read. Although I'm quite new to the authors work I'm very impressed with the story lines she keeps coming up with. Yes to some extent it's almost predictable that the hero will win the girl and save the day but these characters are vibrant and interesting and it's impossible not to cheer for them. Luke and Olivia may be the featured couple here but as with the previous book there's a romance brewing on the sidelines that just helps up the ante . I'm so looking forward to reading Trevor and Isabel's book but frankly all these characters deserve a book of their own. Luke may start out as an easy going free loving type but that bad boy gets tamed by Olivia and speaking of taming there's a certain D who is really wetting my appetite for more!
Fast paced with a truly nasty bad guy. A story that's quite sad at times but that makes it all the more realistic and gritty. The ending leaves the way clear for the next book and I for one can't wait to read it!
I was gifted a copy in exchange for an honest review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Midnight Alias.

April 18, 2015 – Started Reading