L.J. Kendall's Reviews > Ravine, Volume 2

Ravine, Volume 2 by Stjepan Šejić

41997149

I'm loving Ravine – it's all so beautifully illustrated (painted?), that every panel is a small work of art, whether it's a stunning landscape or a subtle emotion – and the epic background history that's set the story in motion has a richness to match. But what I love the most are the wonderfully observed character interactions and relationships. In volume 2 we also get two big personal secrets revealed to us – though only one of them is shared between the two main protagonists. I always enjoy that anticipation, too, of wondering how Character A will react when she discovers Secret X about Character B. The after-story extras continue to add a lot – though I do wish they could have chosen a larger font for some of the pieces: I think for many people, those snippets will be skipped as just too hard to read – which would be a pity. The big background plot is intriguing, too: I'm still not sure who the biggest bad guy is, and whether everything there is quite as clear cut as it seems. I'm eagerly looking forward to the next volume.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ravine, Volume 2.

April 11, 2015 – Started Reading