Yvonne's Reviews > Bite the Biscuit

Bite the Biscuit by Linda O. Johnston

Apr 18, 2015

This is an exciting time for Carrie Kennersly. She’s about to start a new venture when she buys her friend’s bakery and turns it into two bakeries – one for humans and one for dogs. In addition to her job as a veterinary technician, she plans to juggle both stores and make a success out of it.

At the opening of her stores, things take a nasty turn when the owner of another pet store, Myra Ethman, publicly badmouths Carrie and her doggie bakery goods. Myra is determined to see Carrie’s new shop go under and she makes sure everyone knows Carrie’s products are inferior.

Naturally Carrie publicly threatens to stop Myra. The very next day, Myra is murdered and Carrie is the number one suspect. The police are totally focused on Carrie, so it’s up to her to find the real killer.

This is a sweet, cute cozy mystery complete with a dog named Biscuit. I love the bakery setting and Carrie is adorable. She has so much spark and strength. I’m wondering how long she will continue managing two bakeries and working as a vet tech, though. That’s a pretty stressful life she’s building for herself, but it’s fun for the readers.

There are several romantic possibilities, but the author isn’t pushing Carrie into anything in the first book. She’s just kind of testing the chemistry. The secondary cast of characters are interesting and I’m looking forward to learning more about them, especially Carrie’s brother.

The storyline itself is fast-paced and the book is a quick read. I didn’t figure out who did it until the end, although I did have my suspicions. This is very well written and a great start to the series.

FTC Disclosure: NetGalley provided me with a copy of this book to review for this blog tour. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bite the Biscuit.

April 18, 2015 – Started Reading