Christy's Reviews > The Problem with Forever

The Problem with Forever by Jennifer L. Armentrout

bookshelves: 2019-ya-challenge, 2019-audio

4 stars

photo C6B018D2-DF54-4BB0-BB00-EBC20CE9E2EA_zpskrltnbuz.png

If you’re looking for an emotionally charged YA, look no further. This book has been on my TBR for the longest, and I finally got around to reading it. What was I waiting for? I adored it.

Mallory Dodge grew up as a foster kid. She didn’t have the best childhood, but her one saving grace was her friend Rider. After a terrible accident, they were separated and Mallory was eventually adopted by a great couple. She’s been homeschooled ever since, but now that she’s about to be a senior, she wants to go to school for her final year.

She never in a million years expects to run into Rider. Rider recognizes her right away and the friendship and feelings come right back. Though the feelings they have for each other now are a lot different than the ones they had as children
"I never stopped thinking about you," he said in a low voice. "Not one day, Mallory.”

Rider Stark is protective by nature and seems tough, but he’s so darn cute and soft in the best way. He was the best part of this book. I loved how much he cared for Mallory and when he blushed I smiled so big. He was just the sweetest. Mallory coming into her own and standing up for herself made my heart so happy. I love that she has Rider to stand up for her, but I love even more that she found it in herself.

As much as I loved Rider and Mallory, I loved some of the secondary characters just as much. Mallory’s bff was great, so was Hector and Jaden *sobs*. Just a heads up, this one is a tear jerker. I was minding my own business grocery shopping with my iPods in my ears and all of a sudden the tears were flowing. Maybe don’t read certain scenes from this book in public, m’kay?

The Problem with Forever is a beautiful coming of age story of first loves, friendship, loss, and finding yourself. For being so young, these two characters had such an epic bond. I loved this story and the writing was top notch. Highly recommend for all lovers of YA!
“I might've saved you all those years ago, but now you've saved me.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Problem with Forever.

April 18, 2015 – Shelved
April 18, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
March 19, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019-ya-challenge
March 19, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019-audio
March 20, 2019 – Started Reading
March 21, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)

message 1: by Wynne (new)

Wynne Katherine Happy reading babe! xx

Christy Wynne wrote: "Happy reading babe! xx"

Thanks, lovely! So far I'm enjoying xo

message 3: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Fabulous review Christy!💖😉

Christy Kat wrote: "Fabulous review Christy!💖😉"

Thanks, love! xoxo

Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog) Fantastic review, Christy! It seems like this one has been on my TBR for ages!

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Hold hand up too!! Guilty!! Must find time to read this too!!

Christy Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog) wrote: "Fantastic review, Christy! It seems like this one has been on my TBR for ages!"

Same, Angela! I really enjoyed it xoxo

Christy KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ wrote: "Hold hand up too!! Guilty!! Must find time to read this too!!"

LOL yes! The audio was great :)

Stacey Great review, this was a good audiobook. This book was special to me because it's the first I read that was set in an area by me. It's extra cool when you recognize the places and areas talked about in the book.

Christy Stacey wrote: "Great review, this was a good audiobook. This book was special to me because it's the first I read that was set in an area by me. It's extra cool when you recognize the places and areas talked abou..."

Thanks, Stacey! I agree completely. I love when books take place near where I live :)

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog FAB review Christy! :)
xoxo
💖💖💖💖💖💖

Christy Patty Belongs To Kellan~Jesse~Lautner~Miller~Jack~Racer~Rafe~Liam~Prince Nicholas~Hayes~Simon~Gianluca & Archer wrote: "FAB review Christy! :)
xoxo
💖💖💖💖💖💖"

Thanks, lovely! xoxo

message 13: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Great review Christy 💟💟💟💟

Christy Natalie wrote: "Great review Christy 💟💟💟💟"

Thank you, dear! xo