Kat's Reviews > For Real

For Real by Alexis  Hall

Some word vomit will be added to this when I've managed to compose myself. So in the meantime... All the stars. This gets all the stars I have.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read For Real.

April 18, 2015 – Shelved
April 30, 2015 – Started Reading
April 30, 2015 –
0.0% "It's time. \n \n "
April 30, 2015 –
4.0% "But. Oh. My. Fucking. God. My cock is dying of joy. Birthday, Christmas, Easter, Boxing Day, Mayday, even, like, Pancake Day all come at once. I really shouldn’t have worn my pulling jeans. Because right now they’re my strangling-my-knob-off jeans. \n \n "
May 3, 2015 – Finished Reading
July 21, 2018 – Finished Reading
March 17, 2019 – Shelved as: gave-me-all-the-feels-ugh-how-rude
May 6, 2019 – Shelved as: queer
June 19, 2019 – Shelved as: contemporary

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)

message 1: by Mel (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mel Oh my goodness, I need to google some stuff and get educated, I think :-D

Susan Looks like the book for me!

message 3: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat The blurb... the kinks... the 470 pages... it being a new Alexis Hall... I'm struggling not to spontaneously combust.

message 4: by Mel (last edited Apr 18, 2015 11:45AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mel I feel ya... It's AFH :-D And judging by the tweets, I'll have to watch you all reading while I wait for the publication date :-/

Darla It's Flipping Unreal Cracktastic and Unforgettable! Died!

message 6: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat Darla wrote: "It's Flipping Unreal Cracktastic and Unforgettable! Died!"

I'm insanely jealous that you've read it, but I'm also fucking delighted that it's so 'Flipping Unreal Cracktastic and Unforgettable!' :)

message 7: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat Mel *I guess nowt changes except ourselves* wrote: "I feel ya... It's AFH :-D And judging by the tweets, I'll have to watch you all reading while I wait for the publication date :-/"

Indeed it's AFH :D I'm not holding out much hope of getting to read it early, tbh.

message 8: by Darla (last edited Apr 18, 2015 01:12PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Darla Kat is a Glitter Pirate ☠ wrote: "Darla wrote: "It's Flipping Unreal Cracktastic and Unforgettable! Died!"

It is beyond anything--Alexis is redefining Romance--he is truly one of the greats, I can't even express...I mean he takes these "accepted/expected norms" and just does some kind of crazy abracadabra and suddenly you're like, YES, YES, THIS! You are going to Die when you read it--I could not even keep track of all the greatness--once I get my Kindle version (June, please hurry the hell up!) I'm basically going to highlight the entire 400+ pages! I've still got lines from For Real drifting through my head daily and the language, ohhhh. I know you're a huge fangirl and I gotta say, Alexis killed it with this novel. I am dumbstruck by his versatility--I LOVE everything he's written (for crying out loud, I even read a whole blog post on like a truck driving video game or something, lol), and this novel, he sorta just hit it out of the proverbial ballpark. I can't wait for JUNE!

message 9: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat Gaaaaaaaaaaah! You're killing me!

message 10: by Mel (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mel Oh my, Darla... W.O.W. June can't come fast enough!!!

Darla I know! I can't wait to read it again in the final version-EEEE!

message 12: by Gigi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gigi Woooooooooooooooooooo!

message 13: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat Yesssssss!

message 14: by Claire (new)

message 15: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat Thank you!

message 16: by Claire (new)

Claire Robinson Kat is a Glitter Pirate ☠ wrote: "Thank you!"

NP x

Tessi4M Wow, I have done my share of BDSM, but this really seems like an all-in-one regarding the kinks. Could end up being my first Alexis Hall read

message 18: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat I think it will be spectacular

Manda I preordered this. Now I'm afraid my expectations are getting out of hand while waiting for May 29th.

message 20: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat Mine were so ridiculously high, I was a bit nervous to start. But so far it has been splendid.

Julio Genao *parks fat ass in beach chair to wait for review*

*placidly sips franzia*

message 22: by Stacey is Sassy (new)

Stacey is Sassy Ummmmm, I don't even know what some of those words are/mean....and I'm not sure I want to. I think I might be more suited to kink lite.

Glad you enjoyed it. Once I get my confidence up, I might look up some of the words :-)

message 23: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat A lot of those words are just more formal names for things that you've probably already read.

message 24: by Stacey is Sassy (new)

Stacey is Sassy Kat is a Glitter Pirate ☠ wrote: "A lot of those words are just more formal names for things that you've probably already read."

I kind of thought that, but geez they sound impressive :-)

message 25: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars