❥Lil's Reviews > Shuttergirl

Shuttergirl by C.D. Reiss

bookshelves: perfect-title, that-cover, standalone, arc

4.5 Oscar stars

I hereby introduce a brand new shelf (the Perfect Title) dedicated with love to this book!

photo Shuttergirl_zpsivjfq06f.gif

This is a story about first love, second chances, predetermined and redefined futures, ambition, the media and a city. LA, and mostly Hollywood, is a living, vibrant element in the story.
Maybe it’s what connects these two or separates them, maybe it’s their lover, maybe it’s the missing mother figure who embraced in its fold the heroine, Laine, and whispered its secrets.

photo Shuttergirl_collage_zpsszyxonjv.jpg

Michael, the hero, was a pleasure to watch unravel, try to fix things and take control of his life.

The story could have taken various directions. I would love some enemies-to-lovers elements thrown in.

photo ShutterGirl_2_zpsyn5a8a8u.jpg

Going into this book, I knew that I got to experience the brilliance that is CD Reiss, the level of writing we are used to from her. Honestly, I was a bit skeptical because the Queen has been upfront and warned little perverts like me that the book is “non-smut”. But, I know what CDR can deliver with a sex scene and all that precede and follow it. Don’t get me wrong. There IS sex and sexual tension, but not so intense and descriptive as I would prefer. But this is just me.
This is a Contemporary Romance.

Oh, and I absolutely loved those little things, like places and names, that subtly cross-reference to her other stories.

Favorite quote:
“I wasn’t that girl anymore. She was scared and lonely, sensitive and breakable. I’d broken her and put her back together, myself.”

photo hearts_zps7kag9no8.jpg
ARC generously provided by the author via the CD Canaries art giveaway in exchange for an honest review.
Thank you!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shuttergirl.

April 17, 2015 – Shelved
April 17, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
April 20, 2015 – Shelved as: perfect-title
April 20, 2015 – Shelved as: that-cover
April 20, 2015 – Shelved as: standalone
April 27, 2015 – Shelved as: arc
May 17, 2015 – Started Reading
May 19, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)

Wendy'sThoughts I love the graphic... the camera looks like it is shooting me... just like a Pap would... brilliant! xoxoxoxo

❥Lil Thanks, Wendy! Nice to hear from you :)) How are you liking it??

Wendy'sThoughts ❥Lil wrote: "Thanks, Wendy! Nice to hear from you :)) How are you liking it??"

This is a true CD Reiss story... with all the layers... just different from her others as the characters are not on the sexual level of Jonathan or Monica..They are unique and intense with their own level... swoony and smart.

❥Lil Wendy'sThoughts wrote: "❥Lil wrote: "Thanks, Wendy! Nice to hear from you :)) How are you liking it??"

Yeah, I know, I saw the "warning" in the book stats that it's a "non-smut"! I'm very curious :)

message 5: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth Stunning! I need to get to this one!

NinaReader Amazing graphics/art!!!

❥Lil Thank you, ladies! xx

message 8: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten Gorgeous Lil! Glad you had such a great read! x

ღFloღ the coffee addict Lovely artwork, Lil!! <33

❥Lil Thanks, Flo! xx

message 11: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Your gifs speak louder thank words. Glad you loved it Lil!

April Lil....bang up job!!! Your teasers are amazing :D

❥Lil Thank you, ladies ♥ ♥

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) Gorgeous!! xx

❥Lil Thanks, Feifei! xx

Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus) Lovely review honey !

❥Lil Thank you, Gabriella :))

Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog) Wonderful, Lil! I really enjoyed those crossover references too. Like CD's subtle love notes to her fans. :)

❥Lil Angela wrote: "Wonderful, Lil! I really enjoyed those crossover references too. Like CD's subtle love notes to her fans. :)"

Thank you, Angela :)) Yeah, they were pleasant surprises. You explained it beautifully ♥

Lin #Historical lover...❤️ Wow!!!! This makes my review look like a wink!
Well said. ITA!!!!

Your first flashing camera is my favorite!!! You deserved that arc!!! ;)

❥Lil Patty ❤️❤️ Belongs To ❤️Kellan❤️Jesse❤️ Miller❤️Garrett and Archer❤️❤️ wrote: "BEAUTIFUL review Hun!! :)
xoxoxo"

❥Lil Lin wrote: "Wow!!!! This makes my review look like a wink!
Well said. ITA!!!!

Your first flashing camera is my favorite!!! You deserved that arc!!! ;)"

LOL Lin! Loved your review! ITA team rules!

Iryna Lil, fantastic review and art!!!

❥Lil Iryna wrote: "Lil, fantastic review and art!!!"

Sophie  **2 Greek Girls Reading** Wonderful review & graphics,Lil! :D

Shannie's ⭐️Lookin' 4 My Next BBF⭐️ Gorgeous review lovely!! xoxo

✦❋Arianna✦❋ Awesome review, Lil!:D

❥Lil ღSophieღ wrote: "Wonderful review & graphics,Lil! :D"

Shannie⭐️this Whore Loves BIG C##KS⭐️ wrote: "Gorgeous review lovely!! xoxo"

Arianna wrote: "Awesome review, Lil!:D"

Thank you, ladies! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

message 30: by Pam (new)

Pam Wonderful review, Lil :)

❥Lil Pam wrote: "Wonderful review, Lil :)"

Thanks, Pam! xx

Alex is The Romance Fox Fantastic review Lil...can't wait to get this one!!!!

❥Lil Alex is The Romance Fox wrote: "Fantastic review Lil...can't wait to get this one!!!!"

Thank you, Alex! Hope you enjoy xx

message 34: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Kyle Fab review Lil <3

❥Lil Jennifer wrote: "Fab review Lil <3"

Thank you, Jennifer! xx

Wendy'sThoughts Wonderful review with perectly beautiful phrasing and all from You....Lil you are so right on about LosAngeles and Hollywood being a mother figure nurturing them.

❥Lil Wendy'sThoughts wrote: "Wonderful review with perectly beautiful phrasing and all from You....Lil you are so right on about LosAngeles and Hollywood being a mother figure nurturing them."

Hi Wendy! Thanks so much ❤️
I'm so glad you agree on this. I know CDR used LA as a symbolic lover, but I really felt that aspect too. xx

Wendy'sThoughts ❥Lil wrote: "Wendy'sThoughts wrote: "Wonderful review with perectly beautiful phrasing and all from You....Lil you are so right on about LosAngeles and Hollywood being a mother figure nurturing them."

Hi Wendy..."

I think her use of Los Angeles in all her books is powerful...as it is a constant...and it saves her characters always...giving them places to hide or heal or take a moment and see who they are internally. It is not just a location...and what a gift to us all.♡♡♡♡

❥Lil Wendy'sThoughts wrote: "❥Lil wrote: "Wendy'sThoughts wrote: "Wonderful review with perectly beautiful phrasing and all from You....Lil you are so right on about LosAngeles and Hollywood being a mother figure nurturing the..."

Beautiful words, Wendy ❤️

❥Lil Kirsten wrote: "Gorgeous Lil! Glad you had such a great read! x"

Kirsten, I just saw this post. Damn GR and its notifications!
Thanks so much xx

Alex is The Romance Fox I am so looking fwd to reading this book. :))

❥Lil Alex is The Romance Fox wrote: "I am so looking fwd to reading this book. :))"

It's different than her other series, but equally good. Not so hot, more romantic.

❤️ Diana ❤️ Great review and beautuful art!!!

❥Lil Diana #teamFiona ❤️ wrote: "Great review and beautuful art!!!"

Thank you, Diana! xx

message 45: by Jen (new) - added it

Jen Wonderful review doll! ❤️

❥Lil Jen wrote: "Wonderful review doll! ❤️"

Thank you, Jen! ❤️