Kaethe's Reviews > So You've Been Publicly Shamed

So You've Been Publicly Shamed by Jon Ronson

bookshelves: stricken

Not interested in seeing Ronson treat all his cases as equal, especially the experiences of Adria Richards and Lindsay Armstrong, women who didn't do anything wrong.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read So You've Been Publicly Shamed.

April 16, 2015 – Shelved as: stricken
April 16, 2015 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Cecily (new)

Cecily Yikes. That sounds like a really bad angle (of Ronson's). Thanks for the warning.

Robin I don't think that was the case in this book. Could you elaborate on how did you come to conclusion that he's treating all his cases as equal?

Lindsay Armstrong wasn't even one of his cases. He merely mentioned her when he was elaborating on the justice system.

message 3: by Redduck (new)

Redduck I think there is an argument to be made for him treating all his cases as equal: They were equal in the sense that the socially enacted punishment vastly outweighed the crime. (And I say that while really disliking Richards) (yes, Mosely wasn't punished but there needed to be a non-shamee for balance.) I had problems with this book, but the weight he gave the cases was not one of them.