Anita's Reviews > Life, Love, & Lemons

Life, Love, & Lemons by Magan Vernon

3202140
Apr 15, 2015

it was ok

(I received this book via NetGalley)

Life, Love & Lemons was a cute story about Bentley and how her life went from the most popular, top of the class girl to the new girl at the public school down the street. Her life is a bit of a mess, but she's taking it in stride and trying to do what she can with it. What I liked about this story was the sweetness between Bentley and Malakai, and their friendship despite their differences, they took what they had and made it work. I also enjoyed Bentley's growth throughout the book, and the growth of her self confidence.

I had a bit of a tough time with the book as a whole though; I felt like we were only scratching the surface of most of the characters I mean I get a general idea of all of them but I feel like somehow there was depth missing. I also felt like the story was being spoken to me rather than me feeling like I was a part of it. I wasn't getting a full picture, just a day-to-day update of the events in a way. There were a few inconsistencies that were pretty minor, but the way that expressions were spelled out rather than just made exactly what they are actually confused me (ie: oh-em-gee...this is OMG, I had no idea the first few times I read it...).

As I started off, the book was a cute story despite my misgivings. If you are looking for a quick, cute, fun read with some character growth, I wouldn't pass Life, Love, & Lemons up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Life, Love, & Lemons.

April 15, 2015 – Started Reading