Kristina Carr's Reviews > Christine

Christine by Stephen King

F 50x66
Oct 09, 2010

liked it

In my opinion this book was good. It is the first Stephen King book I've read, and it makes me want to read more books by him. The book is written in 3 parts, from the main perspectives of Arnie Cunningham, and Dennis Guilder. The book begins with Arnie buying a '58 plymouth fury that is in a ruined state. Arnie bought the car from a man named Roland D. Bay, who was a retired veteran of Vietnam, who was most famous for his temper. Dennis is Arnie's best friend, and immediatly after Arnie buy the car (Christine is the car's name) he notices something strange about the car. People feel intimidated by the car, as if it gives off a strange feeling of evil. Arnie's family, Dennis, and his girlfriend, Leigh, all notice this about the car. The guy who sold Arnie the car dies suddenly, but his spirit still lingers in the car. Soon Arnie becomes obsessed with the car, and he parks it in this old do-it-yourself car garage, and tries to rebuild it. He did work on the car a little, but the car rebuilt itself. Soon the car starts to "come alive," it can drive around by itself. The car kills people whenever Arnie leaves town, giving him an alibi. The character who changes throughout the book is Arnie, because he is haunted by Roland D. Bay, becoming angry, and obsessed with Christine. The static characters are Dennis, and Leigh. This book was very good, and I recomend it to people who enjoy horror stories. I enjoyed it, and I am going to read more book by Stephen King.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Christine.

October 9, 2010 – Started Reading