Cara's Reviews > The Six Rules of Maybe

The Six Rules of Maybe by Deb Caletti

Oct 09, 2010

bookshelves: recommended-to-me, 2012, realistic-fiction, siblings, to-review
Read from January 08 to 12, 2012

I simply love this author, I'm certain she writes books for people like me. How cool is that?

Review in the works...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Six Rules of Maybe.

Quotes Cara Liked

Deb Caletti
“I shouldn't have to be a liar to make someone love me. I shouldn't be so afraid of losing someone that I'll do anything to make them stay.”
tags: love

“The six rules of maybe
1. respect the power of hope and possibilites. Begin with beleif. Hold onto it.
2. If you known where you want to go, you're already half way there. Know what you desire but, more imporantly, why you desire it. Then go.
3. hopes and dreams and heart's desires require a clear path-get out of your own way
4. Place hope carefully in your own hands and in the hands of others
5. Persist, if necessary
6. That said, most importantly-know when you've reached an end, Quit, give up, do it with courage. Giving up is not failing-it's the chance to begin again.”

Deb Caletti
“No one is ever quite as strong or as weak as you'd think.”

Deb Caletti
“A lot of life is just surviving what happens.”

Deb Caletti
“Most of our parents wanted the best for us, I knew, but we also wanted the best for them.”

Deb Caletti
“It was practically un-American to not set goals and then do everything you could, everything, to reach them. Quitting-it was a dirty word...”

Deb Caletti
“Truth was funny, because it was an insistent thing, maybe as powerful and insistent as some force of nature, the push of water or wind. You could keep it out only so long, but it had its own will and its own needs, and maybe you could keep it at bay with lies, but not for long, not for always.”
tags: truth

Deb Caletti
“You could try and understand people, you could read books and understand words and concepts and ideas, but you could never understand enough or have enough knowledge to keep away the surprises that both fate and human beings had in store.”

Deb Caletti
“You've got to say what you mean and mean what you say...Doubt in your voice is an open door people will shove right through.”

01/12/2012 page 196
58.0% "Of cousre I'm liking it:)"
01/12/2012 page 196
58.0% "wow my brain is feeling fuzzy but good at the same time, but how can that be?"

Katie Hope you like this one (:

Cara I'm sure I will I have a good time reading it, I have heard only good things:)

Katie I totally agree with that. It's as if everything she writes is meant for me to read. It's just so relevant to my life (:

message 4: by Carolina (new)

Carolina I have only read one of their books, but I love this author, too! I want to buy one of her books. Only one. Which one do you recommend me?

Cara My personal favorite and would suggest Stay, but of course you could look into it to see if it would be to your liking. Hope that helps:)