Tracy Fenton's Reviews > The Defence

The Defence by Steve Cavanagh

Steve Cavanagh sent me a signed copy of The Defence about 18 months ago for my signed bookshelf and my husband (who doesn't read) opened the post and saw the cover. Now I'm not judging my husband - after all he married me so he must have good taste - but I think the words "Con Artist, Lawyer, Liar, Husband, Drunk, Father" obviously appealed to Mr F - so he asked me if he could read it! Now, I'm all for sharing the love of reading, but NO ONE touches my signed book collection, so I downloaded a copy instead onto his dusty, unused kindle - and boy did he LOVE it. So thank you Mr Cavanagh for that. 18 months later I have taken part in a reading challenge on THE Book Club and one of the categories is to read a debut book by a TBC author. Therefore The Defence was my obvious choice (especially as the author keeps dropping hints!). I am so glad I did.

The Defence is a fast paced action legal thriller with an emphasis on thrilling. Eddie Flynn is our hero - flawed but loveable who finds himself defending the head of the Russian Mafia in a murder trial whilst they are holding his 10 year old daughter hostage. The Defence is the book that John Grisham, Lee Child and Bruce Willis might have written if they ever penned a novel. Absolutely loved it and will be looking forward to the next in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Defence.

April 13, 2015 – Shelved