Di Covey/TwistedBookReviews's Reviews > Delusive

Delusive by Courtney Lane

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.

5 FANFUCKINGTASTIC STARS!!

If I could give this 10 Stars I would! An addictive game of cat and mouse, I couldn't put it down. I.LOVED.THIS.BOOK. Do you like bad guys? Do you like suspense? Do you like tension you can cut with a knife? This sucker is for you.

Warning: Dark Elements. Non-traditional romance. Alpha. Stalker. Hot.

"I can smell your fear , it's like a pungent perfume. It attracts a part of me that wants to make it stronger. It’s what I’m addicted to—making people fear me. It gets me higher than I’ve ever felt. At one point… higher than I felt when I fucked someone."

This book will go on my favorites list for a reason. I love my dark books, and don't get me wrong, there's some dark here, but the unpredictability had me panting. I felt like the prey, this book was the predator. Courtney Lane stuck her claws in me, ripped my heart out piece by piece, and I sucked up the abuse like a masochist in need of pain.

It's taken me over three weeks to form coherent thoughts, yet I feel clueless. How do I convey my love for this book? This happened to me the last time I read a book by Courtney, my review ended up being a book report. I'm trying to stay short this time. But I can't guarantee a thing.

OKAY, from the blurb you know Hanley is the supposed to be the anti-herione, right? And she is, she wants revenge at any cost. Even if she loses her heart and soul. Elias is in her path of revenge. Who will ruin who? OMG! I'm telling you, this book will have you on the edge of your seat. I yelled at my kindle, "just tell the truth!" I was on a verge of a panic attack, I didn't know how the story would go. And most importantly I couldn't see the truth, I had no idea how Elias felt. Like having that feeling in the pit of your stomach, something is definitely wrong, but you don't know until it happens? Yeah, this book is going to grab you by the balls. Elias is up there with my favorite sociopaths, I'm not saying he is one, I'm just saying he might be. Like a Jack in the Box, scares the feck out of you. His behavior was so unpredictable, yet I still wanted him to have that small ounce of love in him.

“If you think there is a fault inside my brain that makes determining right from wrong troubling for me, you’re wrong. I purposely ignore the line because I can."

I promised I'd keep this short. Just read this. READ IT!
I recommend to all my dark friends. A MUST READ!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Delusive.

April 13, 2015 – Shelved
April 13, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
May 21, 2015 – Started Reading
May 21, 2015 –
24.0% "Oh, my Fuck. I'm getting excited with his atrocious behavior. Bahahahaha!"
May 23, 2015 – Shelved as: 2015-favorites-list
May 23, 2015 – Shelved as: mind-fuckery
May 23, 2015 – Shelved as: my-bad-romance
May 23, 2015 – Shelved as: the-darker-the-better
May 23, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Sara Oh I can't wait to read this book! I love her others!

Di Covey/TwistedBookReviews This is definitely my favorite from Courtney Lane. I was kept on the edge of my seat through the entire book! Outstanding!

Olga therebelreader Great review!!

Di Covey/TwistedBookReviews Olga The.Rebel.Reader wrote: "Great review!!"

Thank you! <3