Shawna's Reviews > Rock Hard

Rock Hard by Olivia Cunning

liked it
bookshelves: contemporary-romance, erotic-romance-erotica-romantica, hh-lawyers-ex-lawyers-need-love, author-olivia-cunning-oliviadowning, hh-musician-rocker-singer-popstar, im-a-cover-hottie-ho, kindle, 2011-reads, 3-to-4-stars, backdoor-action-lovin-playin, bdsm-kink, cheating-fidelityissues-past-or-new, dirty-talk-turns-me-on, enemies-to-lovers-opposites-attract, hero-alpha‎, hero-attractive-handsome-heartthrob, hero-bad-boy-playboy-player, hero-expert-skilled-voracious-lover, hero-stud-mantel-hall-of-fame, hero-walking-hardon, hero-i-wanna-smack, heroine-badgirl-improper-scandalous, heroine-beautiful-bombshell, heroine-i-wanna-bitch-slap-annoying, heroine-kickass-spirited-strong, hh-addiction-recovery-sobriety, hh-bad-communication-conflict-mgmt, hh-big-constant-misunderstandings, hh-deaf-mute-speech-disorder, hh-disfigured-injured-scarred-ill, hh-exotic-dancer-stripper-burlesque, i-read-kindle, i-read-own-faves-keepers, kindled-my-kindle, reunions-are-sweeter-second-chances, sizable-packages-size-matters, smut-fix-smuttastic-fun, steam-5-scorching-x, yowza-hotness, tattoos-piercings-body-art, series-sinners-on-tour, hero-tattalizing, hh-famous-celebrity, hero-pissed-me-off-and-turned-me-on, hero-player-manwhore-sex-addict, steam-voyeurism-exhibitionism, steam-some-like-it-kinda-kinky, hero-cocky-conceited-arrogant-ego, hero-rock-star-rock-my-bed-world
Recommended for: Sinners fangirl groupies

3 ½ stars – Erotic Contemporary Romance

Thoughts before reading:

SED! SED! SED! SED! SED! GIVE US SED, NOW! :)

Thoughts after reading:

I read this for one main reason...SEX SED! And it he mostly delivered. Overall, I didn't enjoy Rock Hard quite as much as Backstage Pass, but it's a smokin' hot, entertaining read. I'm still a Sinners groupie.

(view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rock Hard.

October 8, 2010 – Shelved
July 8, 2012 – Shelved as: steam-voyeurism-exhibitionism
October 28, 2013 – Shelved as: steam-some-like-it-kinda-kinky
August 13, 2014 – Shelved as: hero-cocky-conceited-arrogant-ego
January 11, 2015 – Shelved as: hero-rock-star-rock-my-bed-world

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)

Holly Yes please!!! I don't think I can wait until April!!! :)

Shawna Me either! And this new cover makes me even more anxious!

Holly I know, I keep making it bigger so I can get a closer look at those feckin' awesome abs!!!

message 4: by Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R (last edited Jan 20, 2011 01:40PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R I'm with you ladies. That cover is Hawt! I can hardly wait for this release!!! I'm twisting non-stop in my seat. Lol! This is when all us Sinner's Fan Girls will reunite. It's all about Sed ladies. Oh yeah baby!

Holly I LOVE SED! Just Sayin'

message 6: by Shawna (last edited Jan 20, 2011 01:03PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shawna Sed was an egomaniac, but I have no doubt his book will ROCK. LOL! I can't wait for Trey's story.

message 7: by Holly (last edited Jan 20, 2011 11:07AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Holly Oh yeah, I love them all!!!

I think Sed is gonna get knocked down a few pegs when love finds him...

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R Oh Shawna, Trey is such a sweetheart. *sighs* I can't choose a favorite, they're all so divine! Ahahaha.... But I've had Jace on my mind more & more often. LOL!

I think Sed acted the way he did, because of his ex-GF tearing his heart to shreds.( that conniving witch) IMO, he's all man in the bedroom and out but deep down he's a huge Teddy Bear that needs cuddling. I hope that when Sed reunties with the conniving skeezer that he plays hard to get and it won't be the other way around.

Shawna Hmmm...Does Elena have a bit of a Sed obsession? LOL! :)

Holly LMAOOOO!!! I guess I can't really blame her though, I think he makes her twist in her seat!!! BAHAAAAAAA!!

message 11: by Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R (last edited Jan 20, 2011 01:41PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R Shawna wrote: "Hmmm...Does Elena have a bit of a Sed obsession? LOL! :)"

You think so? ahahaha...Cause I can't figure out who it is I want more.....LOL! We'll see when I finally get my sticky fingers on this copy! ahahahaha....(sticky fingers is just me referring to my ice cream I'll be eating before reading to get me pumped) LOL!

NOT funny Holly! I know your KINK GF! Remember that! ROTFLMAO!

Marisol Almost here!

Holly WOO HOO!!! I am 'not so patiently' waiting!!!

Shawna I can't wait, Marisol! Ditto, Holly! LOL!

Kathleen 6 more day's, I'm going BONKERS waiting

Shawna LOL, Kathleen! Me too! Although I've been so busy this past week that I haven't had much time for reading anyway. And there are sooo many great new releases in March and April. I can't keep up!

Ren Puspita I want to be part of SuxSed :))

Give me a beer!! *lol*

Shawna LOL, Ren! I'm soooo behind on my new releases. I need to read this...soon!

KatLynne LOL...those fangirls sure luurvd Sed:)

message 20: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen Well ITA with the heroine annoying tag. Jessica just did not do it for me!

message 21: by Leah (new)

Leah LMAO! Ten orgasms?! How is that even possible!

message 22: by Shawna (last edited May 01, 2011 04:05AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shawna Jessica irritated the crap out of me, but Sed was pretty clueless and annoying at times, too.

Leah, I have no idea, but I know it's not possible for me. LOL!

I actually got a little bored at times with their marathon sex sessions and public escapades, and I was hoping for a bit more kink like with "Backstage Pass".

Laura LMAO! Love you crash cart comment!!

Tarra What classifies as erotica? Because the descriptions and words used in this book really aren't much different than what I'm reading right now in my Lords of the Underworld book or even BDB books, or even some historical romance. The sex in Rock Hard wasn't too shocking. Backstage Pass, now that made me blush!

message 25: by Jen (last edited May 01, 2011 05:42AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen Shawna wrote: "Jessica irritated the crap out of me, but Sed was pretty clueless and annoying at times, too.

Leah, I have no idea, but I know it's not possible for me. LOL!

I actually got a little bored at time..."

This is excatly how I felt. Their sex was a little stale after a while where Brian/Myrna kept it pretty interesting.

Zaanodes Hi, Shawna!

Would you please tell me if Sed has piercings? Body-art is irrelevant.

Thank you!
Zaanodes

Shawna It's been a while since I read it, but I think he does. I know he has tatts, but I can't remember for sure if/which piercings he has.

message 28: by Leah (new)

Leah I believe that has both tats and piercings. But I've only read Backstage Pass so I might be wrong.

Shawna Yeah, I remember for sure that Brian in Backstage pass has both, but I can't remember about Sed.

Here are the character bios on Olivia's website:

Zaanodes Thank you, ladies!!

Stephanie Glad too read that I wasn't the only one who got bored with all the sex. It just was the same thing over and over. And the ten orgasm... really?!?! I would die before I got there.

Shawna I'm hoping the next book will be better and more like "Backstage Pass".

Stephanie I hope so too!

message 34: by Susanne (last edited Feb 11, 2013 02:01AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Susanne I felt the exact same thing! Great review Shana!

(view spoiler)

Have you read the rest?

Shawna Thanks, Susanne! I haven't read the newest releases in the series yet. I've got very little time for reading these days, so they'll probably be on my TBR for a while.

Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus) Great review Shawna...but even though i LOVED book 1 ..i think i mite skip book II N III n get down to eric's...

Glad u enjoyed it though :)

Shawna Thanks, Gabriella!