Dahlia's Reviews > Anything Could Happen

Anything Could Happen by Will Walton

Really sweet m/m YA I think perfectly fills a gap in the younger YA side. Not that there aren't great gay YAs appropriate for the younger set, but the ones that come to mind for me immediately are all romances. So often at that age, it's about coming into your own and the trickiness of unrequited love that comes with having such a strong connection to someone, but with the fundamental and (usually) impassable barrier of conflicting sexual orientations in the way, and I think ACH nails that while still being a feel-good, hopeful story full of promise. Bonus points for major teen realism regarding parental involvement in your social life at that age, especially driving to dates; there's definitely no absent parent (or grandparent) syndrome in this book, and though Matt's dads are definitely the shining parentals here, all the family members are nicely done.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anything Could Happen.

Started Reading
November 22, 2015 – Shelved as: i-own-arc
November 22, 2015 – Shelved as: autographed
November 22, 2015 – Shelved as: quiltbag-ya
November 22, 2015 – Shelved as: ownvoices

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Jason how young are we talking? I still like YA books, but only if it's accessible to adults too (not critical snobby ones, just adults)

message 2: by Dahlia (new) - added it

Dahlia I pretty much find all YA accessible to adults so I'm not the best person to ask because I don't know where you draw that line. I think if you're a gay male, it would probably resonate hard at any age. If not, it's definitely on the sweeter self-discovery side, and there's no romance, so it'd depend how you feel about that.

Jason Dahlia wrote: "I pretty much find all YA accessible to adults so I'm not the best person to ask because I don't know where you draw that line. I think if you're a gay male, it would probably resonate hard at any ..."

if there is no romance i am in! and gay.. so win win... thanks!