Ben Loory's Reviews > Nineteen Seventy-Four

Nineteen Seventy-Four by David Peace

it was ok

this world is hell and we're all gonna die, but there's a slight possibility you might be able to do something good before the end, not that it would matter in any way, shape, or form, to anybody, because we're all demons.

it's not a bad book; peace writes good sentences, but i couldn't tell any of the characters apart and got tired of everybody farting all the time and getting pissed and shat on every ten seconds. no one in this world can ever enjoy anything; if someone by some miracle happened to find a cupcake somewhere and bit into it, it would turn out that it would be made of THE GROUND-UP BONES OF CHILDREN and it would BRUISE THEIR LIPS AND TONGUE A SICKLY PURPLE YELLOW a moment before THEY VOMITED INTO THE PISS-AND-SHIT-FILLED BOWL and PASSED OUT AND DREAMT OF BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nineteen Seventy-Four.

Finished Reading
October 8, 2010 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Loretta Lee I just finished the book, it's 4:30 in the morning and you have me laughing out loud! And that's something I thought I'd never do again after reading this fucking book.