Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》's Reviews > The Murder Complex

The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings

bookshelves: love-hate

4.5 Stars

Commandment One: Honor the Initiative.

Commandment Two: Thou shalt not attempt to cross the perimeter.

Commandment Three: Honor the Silent Hour.

Commandment Four: Thou shalt not harbor useful items from the days before.

I just love, LUV, love this cover!

So i decided to actually read something from my to-read list and this one caught my eye. The cover is just so beautiful, i've never heard anything about it, love going into a story without knowing anything! It's one of those book that are not getting the attention they deserve. It was such a fun bloody ride! I am not sure if i understand what's going on in this world but it's very interesting what we saw of it. Characters are believable and likable. It reminded me of Legend and Divergent in a best way possible. It was a great read. I highly recommend giving it a shot if you like darker books.

Meadow
"I turn around and launch my dagger. The blade spins wildly but with a menacing ring that brings a smile to my lips. We can only survive. We do not need anyone else. The world lives off hate.
And that is exactly what I feel for Zephyr James."

Meadow lives on a beat with her brother(Koi) sister(Peri) and her father. Her mother worked for The Murder Complex, got killed and now her father thinks Meadow might be in danger. Her father trained her to survive. She is not your usual YA kickass protagonist, she is a cold-hearted killer! I loved her. she is tough and very realistic. The thing annoys me the most in YA books is insta-love, this is as far as you can get from it!

"Kill.
Destroy.
No escaping.
No turning back.
This is what we must do to survive.
This is the Murder Complex.”

Zephyr James/ Patient Zero
Zephyr is a ward. He is nobody. He lives on streets, barely earns enough money to feed himself. One thing bothered me at the begging was Zephyr dreaming about Meadow before they even met. It seemed like the author was trying to pull some true love or meant-to-be crap. Boy was i wrong! Then, there is Patient Zero!! He is Murder Complex's best soldier (if you could even call them that) His only purpose is to kill. HE IS PEETA FROM THE MOCKINGJAY and Peeta scared the shit outta me.

Favorite part. It was really long, had to cut a lot of it out but you'll get the idea.

"I look into her eyes. I see the light blue sunburst that surrounds the gray pupil. I can’t look away.
Suddenly everything goes dark, and I’m no longer in the ocean, no longer even a part of this world.
I’m standing in a mirrored room. I look left. I look right. I see myself, reflected a hundred times, dressed in black, fists clenched, eyes burning like fire.
Her voice is shimmery and bright, and it chills me to my very core.
“Welcome to the Murder Complex, Patient Zero. Initiate Termination.”
"Meadow Woodson. Sixteen. Target. Initiate Termination."
All I want to do is kill Meadow Woodson. Sink a knife into her heart and end her feeble, undeserving life.
I do the only thing I can do.
I obey."

[image error]

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Murder Complex.

April 11, 2015 – Shelved
April 11, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
July 25, 2015 – Started Reading
July 25, 2015 –
page 45
11.31% "I am so confused!"
July 26, 2015 –
45.0% "The. Fuck. Did. Just. Happened."
July 26, 2015 –
45.0% "The. Fuck. Did. Just. Happened."
July 26, 2015 –
40.0% "The. Fuck. Did. Just. Happened."
July 27, 2015 –
65.0% "Blood. So much blood! Murder! SO MANY MURDERS!"
July 31, 2015 – Finished Reading
December 21, 2015 – Shelved as: love-hate

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)

message 1: by Tia (new) - added it

Tia Holy, this book sounds good! Definitely one of my top priority now.

Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘ Great review, hun! :D

Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》 Iraya wrote: "Holy, this book sounds good! Definitely one of my top priority now."
It was so good i finished it in a few hours. You should totally read it!

Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》 Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘ wrote: "Great review, hun! :D"

Thank you! XD

message 5: by Jenny (last edited Dec 05, 2015 09:33PM) (new) - added it

Jenny The book looks really good! Though I found the cover a bit creepy :P Adding it to my TBR :)

Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》 Girl, it's the Murder Complex, it's supposed to be creepy. Give it a try, once you get into it you wouldn't want to put it down.

message 7: by Jenny (new) - added it

Jenny Kainat wrote: "Girl, it's the Murder Complex, it's supposed to be creepy. Give it a try, once you get into it you wouldn't want to put it down."
I'll surely give it a try :)

message 8: by Zareen (new) - added it

Zareen Khan Oh my god! I totally forgot I have this book for so long! Thanks for reminding me. I love creepy books :)

Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》 You have it and you haven't read it yet?!? Why not, Zareen? Do you not love yourself?

message 10: by Zareen (new) - added it

Zareen Khan oh, I love myself so much! LoL I just have a bad habit to forget what books I put on my TBR. I always reads books out of my TBR list haha

Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》 I do that too!! Ugh i need to work on it.