K8e 's Reviews > The Power

The Power by Rhonda Byrne

I really liked this book. Here are some of my favorite quotes-

47- It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters.
-Epictetus

49- Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned.
-Gautama Buddha

94- Respond intelligently even to unintelligent treatment.
-Lao Tzu

140- Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
-Albert Einstein

141- Everything is possible for the person who believes.
-Jesus, Mark 9:23

160- It's not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.
-Mother Teresa

162- Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success.
-Albert Schweitzer

177- Whenever anyone has offended me, I try to raise my soul so high the offense cannot reach it.
-Rene Descartes

178- Your own soul is nourished when you are king; it is destroyed when you are cruel.
-King Solomon, Proverbs 11:17

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Power.

Started Reading
October 6, 2010 – Finished Reading
October 7, 2010 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Sedaa Can you suggest any other book of this type by another writer?

message 2: by Jennyvine (new) - added it

Jennyvine Jumagdao @Sedaa--

Genie the Subconscious by Harry Carpenter. This is about how you can achieve what you want through your subconscious mind. It is like your Subconscious mind is your Genie in which you can wish any of what you want except with no limit. Almost has the same concept with The Secret which is to think positive because negative thoughts attract negative things.

Psychic Development by William. Same concept which is to think positive and avoid negative energies. However, this one focuses on how you can improve your psychic ability to achieve what you want, to read other people's mind, to be able to talk to the Higher Mind and to be able to help other people. It specifically tells you not to wish anything for the harm of others because there is what we call "karma".

Hadeel Rajab i really liked Albert Einstein quote too beside prophet Muhammad quote

Rads P Nice collection