Kayla's Reviews > The 13th Hour

The 13th Hour by Richard Doetsch

Oct 06, 2010

bookshelves: 5-star-books, read-in-2010, own, standalone

THE 13TH HOUR by Richard Doetsch

First off, let me say that I love the format of this book. I've never read a book where the chapters are listed in reverse before, and I think it was an interesting touch. The plot intrigued me as soon as I read what it was about. Normally I'm not a fan of anything time travel like, but it worked great in this book. There were a few things I didn't care for, but they were minor - some of the characters were quite flat, and there were a few things that just didn't add up, but all in all the good definitely outweighed the bad. A few key points in the book were completely predictable, but others caught me by surprise, some things sneak up on you and you don't realize that something so minor might be important later on (or earlier? lol). Besides getting frustrated over some of Nick's stupid decisions I really enjoyed this book. It's unique, suspenseful, and very cleverly written. THE 13TH HOUR nicely mixed something that I never read about with a genre that I love to read that made for an enjoyable novel. :)

Overall Opinion: A

Full review on my blog! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The 13th Hour.

October 6, 2010 – Shelved