Leah (Jane Speare)'s Reviews > Fateful

Fateful by Claudia Gray

4019095

As soon as that first sentence is read, you're unable to put down this book. It's a very unique genre. One would try to classify it as historical fiction, tantalizingly laced with paranormal aspects. While the story is being told, in present tense, reading it I sometimes forgot that the ship they were on was actually the Titanic, until some critical moments, and then suddenly you remember the big, almost silent part of the plot; the doomed voyage. My hands were literally so sweaty with anticipation by the last 20 pages that i had a hard time keeping a grip on the book. I love the flow of Fateful, how the details of everything, the characters seem so real. Claudia's really outdone herself this time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fateful.

October 6, 2010 – Shelved
May 3, 2011 – Started Reading
May 3, 2011 –
page 21
6.4% "i can just tell this is going to be SO GOOD..."
May 4, 2011 –
page 145
May 4, 2011 –
page 187
May 5, 2011 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

Rebecca I agree!

~Tina~ Wonderful review! Is this a stand alone?

Leah (Jane Speare) Yes it is a stand alone. It doesn't leave you hanging or anything. ;)

~Tina~ Sounds good! Can't wait to read this:)

Books Over Sleep how did u get a ARC?

Leah (Jane Speare) Through my local Independent bookstore. They ordered it for me because I reviewed Afterlife as well last year. I work for them doing reviews for lots of YA books.

Rebecca I got mine from the publisher, since I have a review blog.

Leah (Jane Speare) Nice, that's pretty cool.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I Believe it (the hook on the first sentence part) There is something about her writing that pulls you in. I love it! I can't wait to read this one!