Christina's Reviews > The Summer After You and Me

The Summer After You and Me by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski

20680926

it was ok

Words can’t describe how difficult this was for me to read. Yet, I pushed through and finished…just to be annoyed by the ending that I KNEW was going to happen.

Superstorm Sandy not only tore through the Jersey Shore, but also through the lives of those who lived there. Lucy and Connor are neighbors (only seeing each other during vacation season) who find themselves experiencing “something” that turns out to be forgotten about.

This story moves from the past to present and back and forth so many times that it is VERY difficult to get a clear grasp and flow. When I’m reading in the present, all of a sudden I’m transported back to the day of the storm (or another event), only to be thrust back into the present without italics or indentations, etc to help guide me.

The story itself had some moments, which is why I gave it 2 stars. Friends become lovers (minus the lover part), best friends fight, family drama…all exciting, but the delivery wasn’t there for me.

*I was given a copy of this book as a gift from The JeepDiva in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Summer After You and Me.

Started Reading