Heather's Reviews > Rain of Ash Project Fifteen: Book One

Rain of Ash Project Fifteen by Rachel Elisabeth Judd

19215336

**I received this novel for an honest review.**
Plot/Story:
The plot was fast paced and kept moving. I really enjoyed the story. Actually I enjoyed it so much that I read 8 chapters the first night I opened it. I couldn’t put the book down. I was thrilled to read it and couldn’t wait to get back to it the next day.

Characters:
Gwen was a very strong female character and I loved her so much! She goes through a lot, losing over half her family, but she keeps on going. She gives herself time to grieve, but minutes later she is ready to get revenge. She was born to be a fighter and the story allows us to watch as she becomes stronger in fighting, without losing her compassion.

Romance/Kills:
There is a bit of romance in the story. One that will have you screaming “HE LIKES YOU” and “JUST KISS ALREADY!” Sorry for all caps, but I swear I was secretly screaming this at the book. You will know what I mean when you read the story.

Writing:
Fantastic writing! The book was well edited, which made it much easier to read. There were a few mistakes here and there, but nothing to worry over because they were far and few.

Beginning:
As stated above, I read the first 8 chapters in the first night. I would have finished the book in a day if I had had time to do so. The beginning starts out fast, things are happening and you can’t wait to find out what is actually going on.

Ending:
The ending was just as good as the rest of the book. It leaves it open for the next book, a few questions left unanswered, but nothing so bad that you would decide not to read the next book. It was a really well done ending that has me waiting impatiently for the next book.

Cover Art:
This is the only problem I have with this book. The cover is so boring and unattractive. The concept of the cover is going in the right direction, but it lost its way in the process. If I were to see this book on a shelf at my local book store, I would pass it by because the cover makes the story look cheap. Forgive me for being one of those people that judges a book by its cover, I can’t help it. I surely would have missed out on something great if I had let the cover of this book dictate whether I read it or not.

Blurb:
The blurb was satisfying and was the reason I choose to read this particular book. Lucky for me I didn’t let the cover bother me, because the blurb drew me in. Of course, the word vampire was in the blurb and that will always catch my attention.

Other Stuff

Opening Line: I’m working on a theory that police station coffee is really condensed misery.

Highlights: Fast paced story.

Lowlights: The cover

Final Thoughts: If you don’t read this, you are missing out on a great story.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rain of Ash Project Fifteen.

Started Reading