Jennifer's Reviews > Fighting Dirty

Fighting Dirty by Sidney Halston

* A review copy was provided by the author via Netgalley for the Blog Tour *

~ 5 Pretty Boy Stars ~

Fighting Dirty is the 5th book in Sidney Halston's Worth the Fight Series. This is one of my favorite MMA series. I have read all the books so far and have really enjoyed each of them. I have to be honest this book was probably my second favorite of the series. This one brought me back to what I loved the most about this series.

I was sucked into this story right from the beginning and the storyline was interesting enough to keep my attention all the way to the last page. I loved Enzo and Jamie Lynn almost as much as I loved Chrissy and Jack. This book was the perfection mix of humor, sex, and MMA fighting. I thought the characters were well developed. We learned a lot about these two in this book. I love when a book can tap into so many different emotions throughout the book.

I thought the pace of the book was really good, it's a fairly quick read but nothing was rushed and I think just enough information was given without it being too much causing it to drag on. This book is part of a series but can be read as a standalone, because as with the other book in this series, the next book is about another character. This book is a complete story with an great epilogue. (Which, I'm guessing, actually sets up for the next book.) We were introduced to a couple new characters so I'm not exactly sure who the next book will be about.

In this book the focus is on Enzo (Francesca's Cousin) and Jamie Lynn (JL)(Violet's friend and Travis's Twin Sister) We met JL back in the first book in the series but she has always been a side character. Now she takes center stage and we get to see truly how feisty she can be. I loved her character. She was strong and sassy, but still vulnerable and sweet. All JL was looking for was for someone to love her. She had a crappy mom growing up, all she did was yell and belittle JL as she was growing up and when a tragic event happened to JL in high school, she gave no support what so ever. But even after all of this JL was able to move on and build a decent life for herself, with the support of Travis. Enzo comes to Tarpon Springs for business reasons and to be by his cousin, and also to train to be a MMA fighter. This is how he meets JL. JL and Enzo are complete opposites, but that is what draws them to each other. I thought these two were the perfect fit. Kind of like the ying and yang. They brought out the best in each other. They also had amazing chemistry.

I truly enjoyed that we got to see some of the past characters from this series. It's always nice catching up with them and see how things progressed. What I liked though, was that they weren't the focus of the story. This truly was Enzo and JL's story. I am looking forward to getting to know Peggy, Iggy and Travis more. I think they all will have interesting stories to tell.

I would recommend this book to everyone who is a fan of MMA love stories or is just looking for that perfect mix of humor, love and sex.

Follow Us at :: Book Bitches Blog | Facebook | Twitter

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fighting Dirty.

April 9, 2015 – Shelved