Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede's Reviews > The Last Moriarty

Apr 08, 2015

did not like it
bookshelves: read-2015
Recommended for: Nobody!

Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson are enlisted by the Prime Minister to solve the murder of John D. Rockefellers security agent before the incident can derail an upcoming British-American summit. At the same time, a young woman contacts Holmes to help her find her parents.

I was quite looking forward to reading this book after seeing it on Amazon and was happy when I saw it on NetGalley. Now I'm glad that I didn't buy it since it was so predictable that it was hard to enjoy reading the book. Predictable and sometimes utterly jaw dropping ridiculous. Especially when it comes to Sherlock Holmes, or I should say that all that is ridiculous with this book has to do with Sherlock Holmes, because he is nothing like Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes and that's the biggest problem with the book. Giving Sherlock Holmes a past that really goes against the man that Doyle wrote about is something I just can't abide with.

I also had some problem with the story, the biggest problem was that the characters weren't that memorable. It felt like every time I picked up the book and they mentioned some name I just sat there thinking "who was he again?". Also, jealousy over a woman that's why professor Moriarty set out to destroy Holmes? Come on!

So no, this book didn't work for me. I'm picky when it comes to Sherlock Holmes stories. I want Sherlock Holmes to be Sherlock Holmes, not some romanticized version and I want a good story!

I received this copy from the publisher through NetGalley in return for an honest review!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Moriarty.

April 8, 2015 – Shelved
April 19, 2015 –
April 19, 2015 –
April 20, 2015 – Shelved as: read-2015
April 20, 2015 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Jason (new)

Jason NOOOO!. o well. ill keep this one in mind, but for later...

message 2: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Ive removed this from my shelves now. Thank you for the review, I had wondered about this one! Now I know lol

Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede Well, there are those that liked the book. I just couldn't find anything with it that worked for me...:P