Jenni Jay's Reviews > Run for Your Life

Run for Your Life by James Patterson

liked it

Decided to take a break from romance to go back to one of my favorite authors. I have been avidly reading his Alex Cross and Women's Murder Club series so when one of my customer's lent me this book I had to see if this was another series I could get into. She have me Book 2 of the series, not that it makes a difference. I think they can be read alone.
I have been taking a break from James Patterson for a while. His method of writing was frustrating to me. The 2 page chapters with the mini cliff hangers were getting redundant. This has greatly to do with me reading many of his books back to back. When I was reading this book I looked to see where I was and I saw I was on chapter 30 something and page 70 something. I just want to read everything at once instead of spending most of my time turning pages because the chapters are so short. When then makes me feel like I was short changed. The book is supposed to be 373 pages. If you take the chapter breaks into consideration then you might really just be getting 300 pages of a real book. I want 73 pages of a real story especially when I paying real dollars for a hardcover book.
Wow, how do I really feel? I did't think it was bothering me as much as it really is.

Anyway...

Back to this book. I liked the switch in stories. It had the right amount of suspense and thrills. Will I read more from this series? Probably not. I have Alex Cross and I think that is enough.

Run for Your Life (Michael Bennett #2)
by James Patterson (Goodreads Author), Michael Ledwidge

A calculating killer who calls himself The Teacher is taking on New York City, killing the powerful and the arrogant. His message is clear: remember your manners or suffer the consequences! For some, it seems that the rich are finally getting what they deserve. For New York's elite, it is a call to terror.

Only one man can tackle such a high-profile case: Detective Mike Bennett. The pressure is enough for anyone, but Mike also has to care for his 10 children-all of whom have come down with virulent flu at once!

Discovering a secret pattern in The Teacher's lessons, Detective Bennett realizes he has just hours to save New York from the greatest disaster in its history. From the #1 bestselling author comes RUN FOR YOUR LIFE, the continuation of his newest, electrifying series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Run for Your Life.

April 8, 2015 – Started Reading