Ozma's Reviews > Last Night at Chateau Marmont

Last Night at Chateau Marmont by Lauren Weisberger

Oct 05, 2010

bookshelves: signed-by-the-author, feels-like-i-read-it-yesterday

I always love a good Lauren Weisberger! She is very consistent -- always a good read with a compelling female lead I can identify with in one way or the other. My only complaint is that she doesn't write books quick enough! I thought she was a one-hit wonder with "The Devil Wears Prada," but she has 3 books, including this one, that I have truly enjoyed! While some may argue they are not "high literature" necessarily, I will respond, what other has the boldness to describing taking a hot bath, reading a gossip magazine and taking a sleeping pill as standard single girl behavior? (I thought my friends and I were the only ones, ha ha!) I also liked that the main character, despite being a nutritionist herself, also secretly admitted to feeling overweight and typical-looking. Finally, I was a fan of this book because I own the shoes on the cover! I bought them on sale at Giuseppi Zannotti and felt validated that they had been selected!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Night at Chateau Marmont.

Started Reading