Marianne (Boricuan Bookworms) 's Reviews > Manga Classics: Les Misérables

Manga Classics by Stacy King

bookshelves: favorites, netgalley

Boricuan Bookworms- Book Reviews.

I’ve been trying to read Les Misérables (the novel by Victor Hugo) for almost two years now. The size and complexity of the book is such that I can’t get past 10 pages without having to stop and do something else. I had to resort to watching the film 1000000 times.

That being said, I absolutely loved this book! It being an adaptation, I’m sure that there are some inaccuracies here and there, but I really don’t care. The book is short and sweet, it captures the essence of Les Misérables perfectly without making the story seem like it "drags on”.

The illustrations are beautiful. They each do a wonderful job at expressing emotion. So many times I had to stop and breathe because I was overcome with rage, or sadness, or joy with what was happening.

I think that if you don’t have the time (or dedication) to read the original Les Miserables novel, then you should really give this a try. I don’t recommend ignoring the book altogether (I’ll definitely read that book someday), but if you want to have a general idea, all while getting to see beautiful illustrations, then definitely pick this up.

A review copy of this book was provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review .

My Amazon Review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Manga Classics.

April 7, 2015 – Started Reading