Cassy's Reviews > Bogus to Bubbly: An Insider's Guide to the World of Uglies

Bogus to Bubbly by Scott Westerfeld

Oct 05, 2010

bookshelves: books-in-2010

** spoiler alert ** I really loved Bogus to Bubbly, mostly because it taught me so much about Tally’s world. I love the Uglies series and the fact that Westerfeld took the time to tell us all the details we’ve been itching to know makes me happy.

Some chapters were inevitably more interesting than others but as a whole, I loved knowing the intricacies of the books. I liked learning about the inner workings of the cities. I liked seeing a map of Tally’s city. It’s something that you don’t really think about. You hear about all these things in her city, all these places that she goes but to see how it was laid out was really much more helpful in visualizing Tally’s city.

I actually really enjoyed the chapter on the hoverboard. I thought it was kind of cool to learn the science behind something that Tally used so incredibly often. Hoverboarding was such an essential part of the Uglies universe, it was nice learning some more about it.

If you’ve read the Uglies series, I would really recommend reading this book. It really shows you a lot about Tally’s world and how she lives and even things like their recycling.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bogus to Bubbly.