Donna's Reviews > Starting with June

Starting with June by Emilie Rose

June Jones has moved back home. She loves it, but her humiliating reason for returning and her father’s obvious displeasure temper her love of being there. She is, however, the kind of lawman she wants to be. Former Marine Sam Roberts is there for an entirely different reason. He’s recovering from his wounds, but has been told he’ll never have the eyesight to be a sniper again. Which means his career, his future and basically his life is over. Needing time to heal, a former commander offers him a temp job to see how deep the corruption in his small police force goes.

Teamed together by the former commander Sam’s secret reason for being there causes problems, but June still manages to worm her way into his consciousness, and life. I was delighted with this story. The characters were well crafted and I felt like they could walk into my home at any time. And knowing small towns all too well, this could be happening right now at home. This was my first Emilie Rose book – believe me, it won’t be my last!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Starting with June.

April 6, 2015 – Started Reading