Nicola's Reviews > Just for Appearances

Just for Appearances by Jenna Rutland

liked it

The first book in this series has always been one of my favourites from the Bliss imprint. And having waited quite a while for this, I was very much looking forward to returning to Lake Bliss. Second-chance love is a trope I'm fond of, and with a romance between the town's once golden-boy and the town's sweetheart on the cards, it enticed.

"I've never forgotten you...Can you say the same"

Unfortunately, I didn't enjoy this as much as Just for the Summer which was a real shame. I had such high hopes; Rachel and John have that chemistry that comes with having a past, and there were some lovely moments between them, but on the whole I struggled to connect with them until pretty much near the end. The introduction of Rachel's ex-husband brought a love triangle feel, which I'm not keen on, her decisions frustrated and if I'm honest, I was hoping that the kids would have had more time in the spotlight.

On this occasion, Just for Appearances just wasn't for me. That's not to say that you won't enjoy it.

2.5 stars.

Copy received courtesy of Entangled Publishing for an honest and unbiased opinion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just for Appearances.

April 3, 2015 – Started Reading