Jess's Reviews > Off Book

Off Book by Jessica Dall

liked it
bookshelves: own-kindle-copy, from-publisher

Visit my stop on the blog tour here

*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Thanks to REUTS Publications and Jessica Dall*

Twenty-year-old Eloise lives at the School where characters are trained. Waiting to be assigned to a story, Eloise worries that she’ll never leave.

Then Eloise is offered a job at the Recording Office and she jumps at the chance. Her work colleagues are post-storied so Eloise pretends that she is too. She strikes up a relationship with Barnaby Fitzwilliam who was in a romance novel.
Things are going well until Eloise finds herself inside a story even though she wasn’t assigned there.
Will Eloise make it home?

Off Book was an intriguing read. It did remind me slightly of the Thursday Next series by Jasper Fforde but the only similarities were that there is a book world where characters exist.
My favourite part was the beginning which grabbed my attention immediately. I did find my attention wavering slightly towards the middle and the end of the book but I did want to keep reading to find out what would happen.
I liked the writing style and the plot was interesting. I didn’t guess the reason behind what was happening and I liked that the characters were taking things into their own hands.
Eloise was a good protagonist – she was stubborn, smart and relatable. I enjoyed her relationships with Columbine and Barnaby who were characters that I also liked. In fact, I don’t think there were any characters I didn’t like.

Overall this was an enjoyable, unique read.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Off Book.

April 5, 2015 – Shelved
April 5, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
April 11, 2015 – Shelved as: own-kindle-copy
April 11, 2015 – Shelved as: from-publisher
May 4, 2015 – Started Reading
May 4, 2015 –
9.0% "Off to a good start."
May 5, 2015 –