Sudeshna Bora's Reviews > A Game of Thrones

A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin

21219749

liked it

I did not read this book with a clear open mind. It is impossible to do so given the Television adaption is such a blockbuster hit (I have not watched it but have heard of it).
So, I don't personally know, whether I liked it as a piece of literature or I liked it cause of the hype.
The narration is beautiful, it justifies every person's point of view. You will fall in love with each and every character. There is not a single character who is a weakling in terms of character sketching.
You will continuously have favorites and continuously discard them to make space for someone new.
However, the only complain I ll have is the rampant objectification of women in almost each and every page of this novel. A writer who can think of dragons and white walkers and ravens and walls and picturesque description of everything and everyone, could not do away with the age old sub ordination of women.

As already stated, I don't know whether I liked this book as a piece of literature or I liked this book for the hype. Right now, I am moving onto the second book in the series hoping to find my answer by the end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Game of Thrones.

Started Reading