Jennifer AlLee's Reviews > Her Daughter's Dream

Her Daughter's Dream by Francine Rivers

Oct 03, 2010

After reading Her Mother's Hope, I couldn't wait to get my hands on Her Daughter's Dream. Rivers created such a compelling, and heartbreaking, mother/daughter relationship in book one, I wondered how she would follow it up.

In Her Daughter's Dream, we are treated to the stories of Marta, Hildie, Carolyn, and May Flower Dawn... four women who are bound together by blood, yearning for unconditional love, yet certain they are letting down the women they want to please the most. It's a cycle that's been repeated in the family for years. But May Flower Dawn is destined to be the one who breaks it and brings reconciliation to her family. At least, that's her heart's desire.

No one writes character driven novels quite like Francine Rivers. She takes you deep into these women, making you feel their emotions. More than once I wanted to sit down with them and make them talk to each other! It's a long journey to healing, but Rivers ends the book on a positive note (although we take a bittersweet detour to get there). It just goes to show that no mother'/daughter relationship is beyond repair when the Lord's hand is on it. I highly recommend both books in this series. Enjoy!

NOTE: A complimentary copy of this book was provided to me by Tyndale House Publishers for review purposes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Daughter's Dream.

Started Reading