Michelle's Reviews > Stupid Boy

Stupid Boy by Cindy Miles

bookshelves: 2015, netgalley

ARC provided by author in exchange of honest review via Netgalley.

[image error]

**This book can be read as standalone but it is highly recommended that you read the first book to fully enjoy the book since the first couple from the previous book are part of this installment**

Stupid Boy was one of those reads that surprised me. I found myself enjoying this book quite a bit since it chronicles two people who have secrets and a horrible past. For some the past can be a painful reminder of all the burden and dark times in your life. It can be reminder of regrets and what ifs. And Cindy Miles did an amazing job showcasing and highlighting two broken characters, who found light and hope within each other.

#1StupidBoy

There was nothing stupid about this book since Ms. Miles wrote a book that showed humanity, vulnerability, and sacrifices. We should never judge a book by its cover and Ms. Miles highlighted that when she introduced us to Harper Belle and Kane McCarthy. On the outside, Kane would look like your typical bad boy. He was the guy who looked like trouble but what others don't see is the REAL Kane. The one who sacrificed his education, took beatings from an abusive father, and a young man doing all he can in order to help someone he loves. Harper Belle is the complete opposite of Kane when it comes to looking presentable. Harper is the sorority president of her chapter, the good prim and proper lady. But what others don't realize is that its just all a facade. Monsters and nightmares haunt Harper everyday of her life. It continues to plague and torment her. So can two broken people find the love to help them escape their past? Can they fall stupidly in love?

Stupid Boy was the first book that I have read from this author and it won't be my last. I think what pulled me into this book was that Harper and Kane were two flawed individuals who were just seeking love, comfort and someone to accept the burdens of their past. Stupid Boy is a reminder that hope never fails and love truly heals.
Cindy Miles

[image error]

Review can also be found on Four Chicks Flipping Pages http://fourchicksflippingpages.weebly...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stupid Boy.

March 3, 2015 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
March 3, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read (Paperback Edition)
April 3, 2015 – Started Reading