Shelby's Reviews > Untrue Colors

Untrue Colors by Veronica Forand

bookshelves: wickedreviews, suspense-thriller, romance

*I received a free copy to read & review for Wicked Reads Review Team*

Untrue Colors completely exceeded my expectations. I was expecting a romantic thriller (light on thriller), but what I got was a High-Octane, thrilling romance! (note the difference)
Alex is on the run, literally, from an abusive ex who just happens to be a member of high-society art collectors. Luckily she was able to escape before her usefulness was extinguished, and has been "hiding" until the fateful day, after making a new life for herself, she's discovered and is on the run again.
With nowhere to go, she makes a rash decision and enters a home (the door was open!) in the middle of a party. Thankfully, the host allows her entry and thus our characters accept one another.
Henry is a kind, gentle, gorgeous (of course) anthropology professor at Oxford University who wants to help her. He doesn't really know what this entails,or who she really is - but he does notice an abused woman and his gentle heart wants to protect her.
Alex, fearing for her life and anyone she gets close to, keeps Henry at a distance. Never telling him about herself, her real name, where she came from - what she does (or LOVES to do). Nothing.
It isn't until Henry gives Alex the grand tour of his home and his artwork, that the story REALLY starts. Alex allows her true passion for art to peak through, unfortunately for Henry, she informs him that his most prized piece is a reproduction.
She's on the run, he's looking for answers, together they're trying to piece together clues - and are utilizing each other's strengths to get to the bottom of their situations.
This fateful night leads to more mystery, intrigue, and a hint of love/lust between the two. I will say that the love story isn't the main focus of this book, but it adds to it.
This story was exciting, it was endearing, and it was full of twists and turns. I was on the edge of my seat for the majority of it - and COULD NOT WAIT to figure out what was really going on.
Wicked Reads Review Team
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Untrue Colors.

April 2, 2015 – Started Reading