Akeisha -Til' The Last Page BB's Reviews > Absolution

Absolution by Amanda  Dick

Apr 02, 2015

Reviewed by: Akeisha
Rating: 3.5 Stars
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

When I read the blurb this story sounded wonderful. Absolution told a tale of the journey to forgiveness, lost and hope for second changes. Amanda does a good job as the story flowed well and the characters also worked well in the story.

Absolution showed us that sometimes when things are going good it could be taken away from you in a split second. The story is filled with secrets, heartache and overall a love story.

I enjoying seeing how courageous Ally was despite all that she went through and the troubles she still faced. Jack was fighting with so many secrets and was unhappy for so long. I was very happy when he found the courage also to go back home and face all that he left behind.

I must admit I was going to give up on this story about 30% in.
My reasons for wanting to give up? The way the story was written. I always find it hard to read a story written in third person and then each character getting a POV. Even though the author did a good job in going back and front from different characters and point in time I still found it hard to get into sometimes. I also wish I could have known more about Ally and Jack before the accident, I think this could have added to me liking them a little bit more.

Fast forward and I powered through Absolution and found the more I kept reading the story grew on me. Overall, I ended up enjoyed the journey each character went on to find themselves.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Absolution.

Started Reading