Kai's Reviews > Paper Towns

Paper Towns by John Green
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
41788524
's review

it was ok
bookshelves: owned, 2015, overrated

“If you don't imagine, nothing ever happens at all.”

A Disappointment
You know, it started promising. The revenge trip was fun, and so was discovering the first few clues about Margo's disappearance. But that's it. The rest was one long bore. For CHAPTERS Q did nothing but read one certain poem, then think about it, just to find nothing of help, so he gave it another read. And another. And yet another. Even more so, Q was a plain not to say utterly boring protagonist. A stereotypical high school boy.

In a nutshell: I expected so much and got basically nothing.

Find more of my books on Instagram
97 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paper Towns.
Sign In »

Reading Progress

Started Reading
March 27, 2015 – Finished Reading
April 2, 2015 – Shelved
June 22, 2015 – Shelved as: owned
October 9, 2015 – Shelved as: 2015
December 22, 2015 – Shelved as: overrated

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)

dateDown arrow    newest »

Isabelle I'm currently reading it and already I totally agree with you!


message 2: by Kai (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kai Yeah, it’s not his best book


message 3: by Jez (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jez Kim To be honest i liked a lot of quotes or the interpretation i give it. But for the same reason, took me almost a year to finish it, or maybe a lil bit more...


Juliana Same here. I was SO disappointed! But it's definitely one of his best covers:D


Claire (bookscoffeeandrepeat) I liked how Q bonded with his friends but after finding Margo, it just felt so uneventful. It's as if they wasted all their time trying to find her.


message 6: by Kai (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kai Jez wrote: "To be honest i liked a lot of quotes or the interpretation i give it. But for the same reason, took me almost a year to finish it, or maybe a lil bit more..."

A year, wow.


message 7: by Kai (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kai Juliana wrote: "Same here. I was SO disappointed! But it's definitely one of his best covers:D"

Nah, not even a fan of the cover


message 8: by Kai (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kai Claire wrote: "I liked how Q bonded with his friends but after finding Margo, it just felt so uneventful. It's as if they wasted all their time trying to find her."

I kind of saw that coming. I actually think all of it was pretty uneventful.


Aakansha 'I expected so much and got basically nothing.'

This pretty much encapsulates my experience with this book too. This is one of those stories that keep you brimming with anticipation and excitement during the 'finding Margo' scenes but utterly, tragically disappoint you in the end.

Also, did you too find Margo's character a bit annoying?


message 10: by Kai (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kai Aakansha wrote: "'I expected so much and got basically nothing.'

This pretty much encapsulates my experience with this book too. This is one of those stories that keep you brimming with anticipation and excitement..."


Not really, Q annoyed me way (waaay) more.


emily I 100% agree with what u said


message 12: by Kai (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kai Thanks Jayne :)


HERE COMES DAT BOI plz be my friend


HERE COMES DAT BOI and BTW this book was a.one star book for me. it was just... meh.
but blz do be my friend. i like memes and harry potter.
at least read my profile description.
hgd!


Isabelle oh god this book,,, I was expecting more adventure?? it was so boring after Margo went missing.. just Q rereading some poems and being mean to his friends (which I hated) and the END oh god. John Green, were you okay when writing Paper Towns?


message 16: by Kai (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kai Isabelle wrote: "oh god this book,,, I was expecting more adventure?? it was so boring after Margo went missing.. just Q rereading some poems and being mean to his friends (which I hated) and the END oh god. John G..."

true


back to top