Jeanny's Reviews > Reinventing Organizations: A Guide to Creating Organizations Inspired by the Next Stage of Human Consciousness

Reinventing Organizations by Frederic Laloux

22419864

bookshelves: biz

This book is a gift for anyone who can attest to how self-management can enable businesses to serve from the inside out.

When I first became a manager, I started to introduce styles of self-management into my work. First, out of respect for the team of engineers with whom I used to work alongside. Then, out of practicality. Given the number of projects I oversaw, the amount of stakeholders I needed to keep updated, I knew that I could no longer go deep into a problem to make informed decisions on my own.

While I didn't have any precedence nor a MBA to show me the way, as someone fresh out of the team, it just "made sense". Having been on the receiving end of layers of management, I knew exactly how I (and those in the team) didn't want to be led. I knew that there was a lot of knowledge and real care for customers within the teams. I also knew that there was an unnecessary, yet growing gap between management and the team, which led to a lot of mistrust, scapegoating and political intrigues.

Eight years later, I've been able to set up conclaves of self-managing styled teams within Amber-Orange styled organizations. It's not an easy spiel to keep up, yet the success rate is baffling.

For those of us, who truly believe that the future of work needs to be more human, more considerate, more authentic. Thanks to Frederic Laloux, we now have the language, the case studies and community to move this agenda forward!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reinventing Organizations.

April 2, 2015 – Shelved